Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech21 B410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jan 23, 2006.

1. I've been looking into these, and it looks like people seem to really be liking them. I actually like the fact that they don't have a tweeter, since I run distortion a lot with my band, and if you can get the tone with one less thing to go wrong, then that seems like a no-brainer to me. Anybody have some thoughts to share?

2. Anybody?

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    sorry, I was gonna post earlier, but my boss needed me to work:meh: I have a friend that swears by his tech21 410, and he works in a music store that lets him try stuff out and gets stuff cheap. he's tried ampeg, eden, swr, but he says he keeps coming back to the tech21.

I've personally heard the tech21 along side an eden 410 and the tech 21 seemed much smoother up through the whole frequency range. power rating is 400, but if you don't beat on your equipment or pay attention to speakers in distress you should be o.k.

here is another post I made about the tech21 410: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1185828&postcount=12

4. Thanks, that helps. I've done a few searches, but the fact that Avatar also makes a B410 makes it just about impossible to skim through and find the Tech21. I also work in a music store, and Tech21 is one of the brands that we carry, so I can get the cab for a really nice price. For a head, I'm looking mostly into a G-K 1001RB-II. I think that the G-K head and the B410 will work well for me. I know that the Tech21 Landmark heads are great, but they seem pretty expensive for the ammount of power that they put out, and I'm pretty much broke at the moment (freakin' college text books...) so the G-K is more in my range.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    oh, I forgot to also say, the tech21 410 is about 70 LBS. I haven't compared, but I think this is on the lighter side for 410 weights.

how much money can you spend on a head?

6. Well, here's the deal: I work at a guitar shop, so I can get some really good deals on the stuff that we carry, plus I kind of feel a little bit obligated to play what I sell. So my choices are Mesa Boogie (way out of my price range even with my discount), Hartke (I'm not too fond of their sound), Kustom (the groove 1200 is nice, but the tone is a little bit on the bland side for me), Tech21, and G-K. I'd be looking pretty seriously at the 1001RB-II even if I didn't get a discount on them. It just seems to have <i>my</i> sound, and it's pretty light. With the B410 and 1001RB-II, my whole amp rig would weigh less than 90 pounds.