1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tech21 preamps: RBI, RPM, VT-RM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Fuzzbass, May 27, 2017.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Price:
    Price: $175, CONUS shipping included.

UPDATE 6/2/17: VT Rackmount has been SOLD ($250). RBI and RPM still available.
    UPDATE 6/5/17: RPM has also been SOLD ($250). RBI still available.

I've owned a bunch of rack preamps over the years, including all-tube ones such as Alembic F2-B, Ampeg SVP-Pro, and SWR Interstellar Overdrive. In short I sold all those and kept the SansAmps. They sound great alone, and I eventually adopted the parallel wiring scheme when running a pair, for even more versatility. I tried all permutations, all were cool. (Someone here on TalkBass wired up all three together, but I never tried that).

All units in excellent to near-mint condition. Pics below. IEC cables included.

Oh... if someone buys two at once, I can throw in short GeorgeL patch cables necessary to run them in parallel (see link above), along with a short IEC "Y" cable that allows both units to be powered from one plug, and reduces the spaghetti factor. :)

First two pics are RBI, second two are RPM, remaining four are VT-RM.

Oh... yes, the RPM has a blue power lamp. It was an easy, solderless replacement. Got it from someone in Australia who could only get a limited number. Not sure if I still have the original red one somewhere, but I like the blue one much better! It's an incandescent lamp, not an obnoxious LED.

0_rbi_a. 0_rbi_b. 0_rpm_a. 0_rpm_b. 0_vtrm_a. 0_vtrm_b. 0_vtrm_c. 0_vtrm_d.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Fuzzbass

Oh, here's a pic of the extra patch cables I have, including the IEC Y cable, and a non-GeorgeL that I'll throw in as well. Again, these will be freebies to someone who buys two (or more :D) units.

0_cables.

3. ispunk

ispunk

Aug 26, 2010
    PM sent

4. Fuzzbass

VT Rackmount has been sold. The RBI and RPM are still available.

5. pm'd

6. Fuzzbass

PM replied.

7. Fuzzbass

RPM has been SOLD!

RBI still available.

8. Fuzzbass

RBI is gone, made a local transaction.