1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tech21 Sansamp Rackmount original vintage unit

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by FilCo, May 16, 2017.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my original Tech 21 Sansamp rack mount unit. This is the first edition of the Sansamp rack units, and the predecessor to the PSA models. It is in great condition and works properly. The power supply on this one was professionally modified to use a more standard barrel type jack, as opposed to the weird 2 pin XLR psu's these came with originally. The power supply included is just some generic one that supplies the correct juice, specifically, 12V AC, min 200ma. The XLR power input has been disconnected.

These provide some dreamy, smooth, as well as crunchy, overdrive sounds. There is a lot of interplay between the knobs, so you can find about a million sounds in these things.

Anyway, cool old unit. $250 shipped. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks! P5160767.JPG P5160767.JPG P5160769.JPG P5160770.JPG P5160771.JPG P5160773.JPG P5160775.JPG

Attached Files:

Zooberwerx likes this.
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    We're a rare breed...I use one, as well. Here's the manual:

Attached Files:

3. Scootbass1

Scootbass1 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Chillicothe, Illinois
    Make that three of a rare breed. I have two of these myself. You are absolutely correct about millions of tones in these. I use them in a split signal type of system such as Pinnick, Sheehan and Geddy use. They are also capable of good clean/normal bass tones as well, but excel at driven tones. Good luck with the sale.

Zooberwerx likes this.