1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Techies - effects loop fault

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by el_Kabong, Aug 29, 2007.

1. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    The effects loop causes my quest II preamp makes a ticking sound (about 5 times a second) if a cable is plugged into the 'send' jack. It does this even if I just use a cable in the loop with no effects, even if I don't plug the 'return' end of the cable in, and even if the amp is muted. Epifani say that it's a design fault and that there's nothing I can do about it. I'd still like to fix it, anyone got any tips on what a fix would entail? A circuit diagram for my local repair guru would be great too. TIA.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    If it is a design error as you state, Epifani should be doing everything in their power to fix it, be working on a fix for it, or offer you a full refund. That is just completely unacceptable. As an engineer, this is my not so humble opinion.

3. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    kabump

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I'm with Jazzman. If their design is that poor that all they can say to you is there's nothing they can do about it, then it's time to buy a better amp from a better company.

I'll not touch Epifani if that's the kind of customer service to expect. "It's not broken, it's just designed poorly." What kind of a company is that???

5. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    one last bump