Technical Details on Tapewound Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pablodel, Sep 19, 2015.

1. pablodel

pablodel

Sep 19, 2015
    Hello everyone, it's my first time posting in the forum. First i'd like to tell that i did search for my questions on the forum but did not find the answers (i did not search through the hole forum because i don't have the time to do it, thank you engineering university).
    I want to try a set of LaBella Black Nylon Tapewound strings on my bass. I read that some strings are not suitable for string thru body bridges, but could not find any data about this particular set.
    I would also like to know about their tension on standard tuning, is it higher/lower/equal to normal roundwound strings?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Pier_

Pier_

Dec 22, 2013
    Roma, Italia
    Tapewound are light gauge round covered with nylon tape. They are lighter than rounds, take a look at the D'addario set, its lighter than a 40-95 of the same brand.

The issue with string through is with heavy strings and rigid flats. However for the strings the through body mount is not that good, it bends the string too much...

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They're fine for string through bridges. The 50-105 set has light tension. The 60-115 set has normal tension. About comparable to an average 45-105 roundwound set.

4. pablodel

pablodel

Sep 19, 2015
    thanks a lot for the info guys!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021