1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Technical HIFI / Technical Pro LX3000 ---Is it Good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basstrip, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Basstrip

Basstrip

Jan 5, 2007
    Montreal area
    Hi guys I'm been shopping around for a power amp for a new rig and I wanted to know if any of you guys would have information about this power amp?

I couldn't find an official site for this company (which doesn't look very serious) but have found their products an a couple of web site.

My choices being between the behringer EP2500, Crown xti1000 and the Technical Pro LX3000. Money is a concern but if the Crown amp is a real killer compared to the other two then i'd go for the Crown but I'm not too fussy about gadgets.

So just so you get the idea i'll tell you what kind of setup im looking for:

-Pre amp: Line6 POD PRO (i had it for 2 years now and it's good but I might look at the xt version since i've been very satisfied with my Vetta II guitar amp).
    -Power amp: Looking for advices on this one
    -Power conditionner
    -Additional effects to come (depending on how satisfied i am with the setup)

I thank you in advance for the consideration and await your answers.

2. Basstrip

Basstrip

Jan 5, 2007
    Montreal area
    Ohhh and i forgot something.

My current amp is an ampeg svt350H with PR410 cab and I'd like to get an additional cab so how would you guys think i should go another 4x10, 2x12, 1x15?

The idea is for my sound to be more complete and so i can have two setups. (Got two bands at different places and want two complete setups but also if I gig I want all my stuff to be useable).

I could also biamp the thing using the outputs or just get an A/B/Y box so I can send my bass signal to the two different amps simultaneously.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Sonicly all the power amps would likely be identical.
    The Xti includes a DSP so you can tone shape in it, and set crossover points for channels. It's fairly lightweight for the price.

Behringer exaggerates their power ratings but are otherwise OK.

The "Technical Pro" looks like a DJ brand which tend to extremely exaggerate their power ratings. I've never seen one.