Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Technical Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JazZ-A-LoT, Jan 18, 2003.

1. JazZ-A-LoT

JazZ-A-LoT

Jan 5, 2003
    Hi this morning i picked up my bass to play and all i got with the volume cranked up was a very quiet distorted noise from the e string if i slapped.. It's an active bass, i tried changing the batterie no difference then i plugged it in to my comp and it made the same noise I also tried different patches soo i'm pretty sure it's the bass. Please help.

2. mcbosler

mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    you should be able to get rid of the distortion by bringing down the low end of your eq, either on your bass or the amp itself.

3. *rubs chin* open up the cavity where the active electronics are housed and see if any wires have fallen off. Perhaps where the battery terminal wires join to the circuit board.

Does it only do it on the E string? Or all of them?

:D:D

Merls

4. JazZ-A-LoT

JazZ-A-LoT

Jan 5, 2003
    the E is the only string i actualy get anything out of the rest of them dont make any noise at all.

5. How close to the pickups are your strings? Maybe as a test try raising the pickups, see if you get some sort of noise out of them.

:D:D

Merls