Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Technical Question Regarding Speaker Chain Configuration for Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Poon, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Okay Guys, I'm sorry if this is a really noobish question, but I was wondering if this makes a difference on how much the speaker will be handling. I am getting an Eden Metro Combo that is capable of 600watts @ a 2ohm load. My question relates to this.

1.)
    If I get the Metro which has an 8-ohm Configuration
    and run it in parallel to
    a D410xlt (8-ohm 700 watts RMS)
    and then Run it to a D210XST or XLT (4-ohm)
    That will give me a 2-ohm load, but the peak power on the 210XST is 450 watts and the 210XLT is 350 watts rms. Will this have the potential of blowing out the extension 210 cab?
    Metro----D410XLT(8-ohm)---D210XST(4-0hm)
    and is this configuration different than running

2.)
    Metro-----D410XLT(4ohm)----D210XST(8ohm)?
    You would get the same load, but would it be take a different toll on the speakers?

If this makes absolutely no sense, please let me know. Ideally I'd like to run the first configuration because I could use the 210XST with the Metro for smaller-medium sized gigs and for the super big gigs, I could use everything.
    Finances permitting.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    No matter which order you connect them in, if the Metro puts out 600 watts, that will be distributed as follows:

300w to the 210XLT (150w per driver)
    150w to the 410xlt (75w per driver)
    150w to the built-in speakers (75w per driver)

The speakers are all in parallel, and you can figure the power each gets by

power per cab = total power * (resulting parallel impedance / cab impedance)

It won't overpower any of the cabs. The uneven power distribution isn't so great, but it'll work. Also be damn loud, 8 tens and all.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    P.S. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that you could have figured this out for yourself if you had read the FAQ.

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Geshel:)

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Can I make a suggestion? Why bother with a 4 ohm cab. I'd be getting all 8 ohm cabs to distribute the power more evenly. True that it won't be a 2 ohm load but who cares, it's close enough to not make a difference to the overall power output. And IMO, it will sound better overall.

But as always, I could be wrong.........