Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Technics (RS-TR180) Dual Cassette Deck

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by WillPlay4Food, Feb 23, 2005.

1. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have a rarely used Technics (RS-TR180) dual cassette deck. I'm not using it at all so I figured if anyone here needed one I'd give you dibs on it.

It's your basic dual cassette deck, has reversing heads so you can play both sides of a tape without taking out the tape and flipping it. Also does high speed dubbing and has Dolby NR.

This deck can also be controlled by infrared remote. Since I need the remote for the remaining Technics components you'll need to get your own, but if you have one of those universal remote thingies you might be able to program that to control the deck.

I'm thinking $25 plus shipping costs. I have the original packing (with the original molded styrofoam) so it will ship with good protection.

I do have some feedback here in the Feedback forum so if you're interested, ask other TB members about me. I'm a good guy to deal with. I do accept Paypal, and cash, check or money order also accepted. :)

2. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
  3. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I bought it as part of my home stereo system in '95. Since it was part of a complete system I couldn't tell you how much it was worth as a separate component. Considering it's a dual cassette deck and can be controlled via infra red remote I'd say it cost at least $100 new.

This dual deck has barely been used since I bought it. I figure since it's just sitting here someone might be able to use it.