Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Technique

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by studiopro, May 4, 2001.

1. studiopro

studiopro

May 4, 2001
    HEY GUYS I JUST GOT THESE VIDEOS FROM
    STUDIOBASSPLAYER.COM
    THEY ARE EXCELLENT.THEY'RE PROBABLY THE BEST VIDEOS
    I'VE EVER SEEN
    I GOT BOTH SLAPPING AND WALKING VIDEOS. ABSOLUTEY EXCELLENT
    JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW

2. Translation:

"Hey guys... I made some cheesey ass videos and need some extra cash...could you please be a fool and buy some?? They are absolutely terrible...uh...I mean...excellent! Thanks for the free advertising space!" :D

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I just got TBN The Bass Network on my cable system. All they play are bass instruction videos and Sheriff Lobo reruns. Now I never sleep!! Lobo is AWESOME

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Bassin - Before I read your post, the same thought struck me, "screen name = studiopro, website pushed = studiobassplayer.com...this doesn't smell right."

It's inconsequential anyway. Even the links to it set up at activebass.com and another bass lesson site don't connect to it, at least on my PC...and I usually have no trouble connecting to stuff others say they can't connect to.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Look, MA! I sees me a Troll! I really saw him! I did.

Sheesh....lame.....

6. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    two posts total

all caps

were my hints
    jc

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    MESSAGE FROM MRTBN:

HEY FELLOW BASS PLAYERS! YOU SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO TBN, THE TOTAL BASS NETWORK. I REALLY LEARNED SOME GREAT LICKS THERE FROM VERY TALENTED TEACHERS, INCLUDING MICHAEL ANTHONY FROM VAN HALEN AND PETER TORK FROM THE MONKEES.
    HERE - I POSTED A LINK TO BRING YOU THERE
    WWW.JOINMYCULT.CON

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    this guy really needs to let someone else handle his "advertising". He/they have gotten a lot of sh*t for spam and emailed spam on many different sites. Super low class.

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Bliss - Definitely. If the lessons, (wherever they exist), don't have any more intelligence behind them than this, and if he assumes bassists are that lead-headed, then who'd want them anyway?

10. Yeah, i heard those videos were great. :rolleyes:

BTW, this thread will be deleted.

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    :eek:

This fool's site has a link to TalkBass!

Will C.:cool:

12. is this guy related to Dean "the mp3.com king of spam" Strickland by any chance? (anyone with tracks on mp3.com will know this guy)