Ted Leo / Pharmacists

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oddentity, Mar 18, 2003.

1. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Anybody here listen to Ted Leo? My brother recently turned me on to his music. I've been listening to Hearts of Oak and The Tyranny of Distance non-stop since I got them.

The music is hard to classify -- vibrant, intelligent, indie/punk, maybe? Anyway, Ted Leo has a great knack for melody and his backing band of Pharmacists is excellent.

Anyway, big thumbs up here...

2. Great Great Great Great band!!!!!

They are amazingly talented, wonderful sounding and a blast to dance to, the songs are very well written and I can't say enough about how great they are!!

I highly reccommend EVERYONE check them out (yes, even Slayer kids) They are possible the best band around today.
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    will.. if you say its good.. it has to be.. ill check it out ;)

btw.. ever heard of Craigs Brother??

Thats my band right there ;)
    WOw.. they are awesome!
    Thanks for the heads up ODD and Will..

I like there drummer~!
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    pretty cool, sounds like the skater punk stuff I was listening to in the 80's
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I think you might be right!
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I downloaded the mp3's..
    Sounds good!
  7. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Holy blast from the past, Batman!

I'm bringing this thread back because I've been listening to "Hearts of Oak" and "Shake the Sheets" on repeat for the past few days. Some great playing on both thos albums. I need to pick up some of the older stuff, though.

David Lerner (bass) is the one with the red shirt, and Chris Wilson is the bearded drummer. Both great players. Great fills and beats from Chris. David shines a bit more on "Shake the Sheets". Great tone, I think it's a vintage P. When they played on Conan a while ago he had a beat up red P bass. I've seen live shots where you can clearly see he is playing a Squier. I wouldn't take that vintage P on the road either.

I have not heard them live, but would buy tickets right away given the chance.

Any other Ted fans here?
  8. Ted Leo will rock your face off.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Pharmacists bassist uses a Squier P!
  10. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    It was at least a Squier neck.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My eyes must be going to crap because I missed your earlier post about his basses.
  12. I like em..........
  13. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    great band
    very billy joel/early springsteen rock stuff
    ted's former band chisel is also great
    kind of mod in a way
  14. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I love Ted Leo. I'm dyin' for 'em to come to the Bay Area when I'm NOT in school (or by some miracle come here). I've been a big fan for about two years now. "Shake the Sheets" has some great stuff on it.