1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ted Nugent Survives Assassination Attempt

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kmonk, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
  2. Would have been funnier if the report had said he'd been shot at by rogue NRA members for making them look bad.

3. Hi.

Not that there's IMO anything funny about assasinations...

:)

That's very true.

But, they've been letting that draft resister speak for them for a few decades AFAIK, why change their minds now ;).

I love the guys music, but the lenghts he went avoiding to be drafted are just pathetic.

In my mind it's one thing to be a peace loving hippie and to resist drafting, yet compeletely another one to be a gun and hunting enthusiast and weasel ones way out.

IMO anyway.

Regards
    Sam

4. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    He's a self serving hypocrit plain and simple, weasel would seem to cover it about right.

5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ted Nugent????

Didn't he say he'd be dead or in jail by now??

He seemed so sure of himself when I saw him saying it.

I wonder what happened?

6. We'd need to hold ALL politicians accountable by that standard.

7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Except Ted Nugent is a washed up B-list celebrity, not an elected official.

8. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I love satire sites.

9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Exactly as washed up as Lou Reed was, except with a lot more hit songs. lol

10. I figured you'd like him because corporate greed spent and lost a lot of his money without his consent.

11. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I have absolutley no problem with that

12. He needs to follow through on this

13. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I am not advocating any former members of Velvet Underground for highbrow political pundits.
    I actually have a soft spot for him. He's one of those unreasonable people I feel a kindred soul with.

14. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I couldnt agree more

15. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Mar 25, 2011
    So, you've never stated anything with fervor and certainty in the heat of a moment? Never believed anything with such conviction? Really? That would make you unique indeed.

16. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    well he did say it

So were waiting to see if Ted is truly a "git er dun" kinda guy

17. Part of me wonders how much of that is an act. Sure, politics are part of music (which might be why I prefer instrumental musicians :D). Leaning far left seems to be about the norm with most bands. Tedward is about the only rock musician I can think of that presents himself as a hardcore conservative. Apparently there may be some country acts that are pro gun and conservative. The last thing I wanna do is listen to someone with a faked southern accent and nasal voice talk about right wing politics (...in a Ford pickup truuuuuuuuuuuuuck).

Some of his songs had good riffs. Fairly misogynistic and juvenile topics. Take him seriously? Nah.

18. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Since you want to go there, not even in the same league.IMHO Let me see....Wango Tango or Magic and Loss...mmmm ;)

19. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Actually, it would not make me unique at all. It would make me mature and reasoned. Experienced enough in life to realize that what to the less experienced may appear to be an impromptu, off the cuff statement made with fervor and certainty in the heat of the moment was in fact a carefully scripted media event loaded with incendiary words specifically selected for their high negative connotation, designed specifically to further amp up the fear and anger in those already loaded down with fear and anger and already in agreement with the speaker.

Given Ted's flippy floppy history, specifically his current claim to be an ardent defender of America when he once fought really hard to be a draft dodger instead of a defender of his country, it adds just enough credence to the old adage which begins "Fool me once..." to force me to take anything the nuge currently spouts in his pathetic attempts to remain relevant, with a very large grain of salt.

As for me, I was taught at a very early age to be totally accountable for what I do AND say, that both words and deeds carry weight and should never be flung in anger or without thinking.

If I say something, you can count on it. Considering I have no political ambitions and am not an attention whore willing to do whatever it takes to keep eyes on me, it's really no surprise you can take me at my word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.