1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tedeschi Trucks Band Live w/ Oteil

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Aarix, May 24, 2012.

1. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Anybody listening to the new live album by the Tedeschi Trucks Band? Oteil Burbridge is just jamming! That guy has such good grooves and mixes in harmony like nobody else.

When I saw them live I was a little disappointed I couldn't hear him as well as I would like, but the show was spectacular. The band really nails the soul/blues revival thing. Fortunately, the album is mixed well and sounds great.

Check out Uptight in particular for some killer 16th note funk and a ripping solo.

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    I'll check it out.
    When I saw Clapton perform a few years ago he had Trucks in his band. Trucks stole the show I don't recall if Clapton played a solo.

3. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    I know you are, but what am I?
    No doubt - the Tedeschi Trucks Band is just an amazing band, all the way around.
    They just released this official live clip of "Everybody's Talking" - great audio and video here:

And the most recent studio album, "Revelator," is HIGHLY recommended.

4. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I saw them last month at Wanee and TTB is WAY better than Soul Stew. I am not a big fan of Mike Mattison personally, so Susan signing is much better for me. Otiel is the man though. Nice guy and he plays so many notes and chords, but they are so well placed that if you don't pay attention they just gel right into the mix. Here is another really good sounding one from TTB. It is a stream capture from the radio, so it is not a bootleg mods.

Tedeschi Trucks Band
    2011-07-09
    North Sea Jazz Festival, Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Source:
    Radio6.nl website stream capture
    01. Dont Let Me Slide
    02. Space Captain
    03. Midnight in Harlem
    04. Learn How To Love
    05. Until You Remember
    06. Anyday
    07. That Did It
    08. Simple Song
    09. Bound For Glory
    Lineup:
    Susan Tedeschi (lead vocals, guitar)
    Derek Trucks (guitar)
    Mark Rivers (backing vocals)
    Mike Mattison (backing vocals)
    Kofi Burbridge (keyboard)
    Oteil Burbridge (bass)
    Tyler Greenwell (drums, percussion)
    J.J. Johnson (drums, percussion)
    Kebbi Williams (Saxophone)
    Saunders Sermons (Trombone)
    Maurice Brown (Trumpet)
    mp3(v0)...
    https://hotfile.com/dl/154534322/04aff2f/ttb110709.zip.html

5. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    KĂžbenhavn
    Just thought I'd bump this thread and thank the OP for posting a link to this show. This is a GREAT concert! Oteil's prominent in the mix too.

6. There are a few spots where it just seems Oteil has just lost his mind! But in a good way. HUGE fan of The Tedeschi Trucks Band. They're playing tomorrow night at SummerCamp in Chillicothe IL, which is less than an hour from me, but I can't go. Very sad. Love their Revelator recording and the new live album. Love love love it.

7. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    im good friend with one of the drummers, Tyler Greenwell. We played many gigs together when i lived in Pensacola Fl. I'm glad he found success in this group.

8. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Been digging it all weekend, great stuff! What a great pairing of a great voice and great guitar with a flat out smokin' band

9. I'm listening to anything and everything that has Oteil. The TT album is great. His tone just kills me. Perfect round, fat, clean, tone sitting perfectly in the mix. The One Way Out live Allman Brothers album is incredible. It's like an Oteil highlight reel. He's just too damn good.

10. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Just saw the live concert from red rocks last week on cable. Great show wished I could have been there. Saw Oteil w/ Col. Bruce Hampton in a small club some years ago, my jaw was literally on the floor, never saw anyone play like that, monster player and a very nice guy.

11. gdecamp

gdecamp

Sep 25, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    They are an awesome band! For those in NYC they will be at the Beacon Theater

Tedeschi Trucks Band

With Leon Russell on Sept 20
    With The Wood Brothers on Sept 21
    With Richard Thompson on Sept 22

Really wanted to see them with Leon Russell but can't make it then....sigh.

12. far and away my fav cd of the year! just found out they were coming to Spartanburg SC and scored front row center tics ....can't wait!

13. Kermin VH

Kermin VH

Aug 21, 2006
    If you all haven't already, check out Jimmy Herring's (lead guitarist for Widespread Panic) album Lifeboat. Oteil plays bass on the album, and just rips it up! It's a very jazz-fusion oriented album, so if you're not a fan of WP, don't let it throw you. I'm not into Panic at all, but Lifeboat is one of my fave albums of all time!