1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Made Up Mind

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by noahw1, Jun 6, 2014.

1. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been listening to this album like crazy lately. Great, great stuff all the way around.
    With an 11-piece band I keep hearing new parts, harmonies, organ, keys, horns, rhythm guitar, percussion - the bass lines are excellent (the Pino tunes are especially great but everyone else does more than hold their own) and, of course, Derek Truck's slide work is excellent.
    All the bass players on this really hold it down but are also free to do their thing here and there but never lose the pocket.
    Highly recommend this one with repeated listenings a must to really get it.

vmabus and tangentmusic like this.
  2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    And Susan's vocals.... superb

vmabus and Pet Sounds like this.
  3. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Geez, how could I forget?! Yes, Susan's vocals are really great.

4. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio

Could not have said it better myself. Superb recordings.

One thing I do not have is the credit list. Can somebody post what bass players are on the TTB discs and what tracks they play on?

5. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Personnel: Susan Tedeschi: guitar (6, 7), vocals, percussion (1); Derek Trucks: guitars, percussion (10); Kofi Burbridge: keyboards (1-10), flute (3); Tyler Greenwell: drums (1-10), percussion (1-10); J.J. Johnson: drums (1-10), percussion (1-10); Kebbi Williams: saxophone (1-5, 7, 8) ; Maurice Brown: trumpet (1-5, 7, 8); Saunders Sermons: trombone (1-5, 7, 8), vocals; Mike Mattison: vocals (1-5, 7-9); Mark Rivers vocals (1-5, 7-9); Pino Palladino: bass (1, 7-9, 10); Bakithi Kumalo: bass (3, 4), percussion (3, 4), congas (4); George Reiff: bass (6); Dave Monsey: bass (2, 5); John Leventhal: guitar (2); Doyle Brahmall II: guitar (5, 8); Jim Scott: handclaps (5); Erik Krasno: guitar (7), percussion (10).

6. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks!

7. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tim Lefebvre is killing it with the band right now on the live Bonnaroo stream. This band is SO great. They're a true throwback. http://www.bonnaroo.com

vmabus likes this.
  8. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    Well, that was fun!

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    One of my favorite bands these days, can't wait to hear the stuff with Lefebvre.