Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tee-hee, how refreshing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silentstranger, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was walking around downtown Ann Arbor last night, and this guy drives by blasting his music... This is nothing unusual, except for the following:

He was an older gentleman, driving a white Cadillac, blasting blues. :D

Certainly a welcome change from the guys pumping hip-hop from their pimped-out Civics and such. It was rather evident from the sound quality that his stereo was either stock or not much improved, too, just probably cranked to the max...I could hear him from several blocks away...

Anyway, I know this is a pointless thread, but the encounter made me smile so I figured I'd post. Enjoy. :)

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    :D

3. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    That my frined is a post that could and possibly should get you banned. I dont know of any other problems with your postings. But this is a warning. Next and it will be sent to Paul requesting a ban.

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I really, really, REALLY hope you realize how stereotypical and racist your little post was. Ironic too, considering your TB handle. Give it some thought.

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I agree, that was a truly ignorant, and racist post......which is a bannable offense. Please remove the garbage content, before someone else has to.

6. I agree,I'd rather see that then some stupid little brat driving a expensive ass car his parents bought him blasting "gangsta" rap...

:rolleyes:

7. Man, people are going to fear the day I upgrade my car radio system.

You feel the double bass madness from miles away.:D :p

8. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    I wasnt trying to be Racist at all, I am not racist either, I was just saying that they were trying to show up my stereo, I really didnt mean to offend anyone, I am very sorry if I did offend anyone and I will make shure to be more careful next time I post :(

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hehe...nice story, SS. Reminds me of my mom. She's got a VERY nice car stereo: Alpine head and amp with Cerwin-Vega components. She is always driving around with ABBA, Jim Croce, or Andrew Lloyd Webber blaring through the speakers! It's great seeing her driving around! :D

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Isn't Ann Arbor a great walking around town?

And A2's motorists blast the most diverse music as well.

11. Daaaaamn, VW98...way to temporarily derail a nice feel-good thread...glad you realized the error of your ways though. Tip: the N-word (which I assume is what was hidden behind those asterisks) is frowned upon here; don't use it. Got it? Good. Carry on.

:D ABBA...hooo-boy...

12. Awwww yea. Downtown, campus...hell, it's easier and faster to walk around than drive when the pedestrians are out en masse...and so much cool stuff in such a small area. And then there's the Arb, and pretty much the entire length of Geddes...that's some beautiful scenery. Come to think of it, I'll have to take a drive or walk over there before all the leaves are gone; haven't been over there since I moved to the west side of campus. Sometimes I forget that there's more here than just classes, women and booze :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.