Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Teen Town

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MichaelScott, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Wow.

Just picked up Heavy Weather a couple of days ago and Teen Town is my favorite.

Acuna really lays down a nice tarmac for Jaco to take off.

Not to say that Jaco isn't great on the album- but I am more impressed with Acuna's drums. Weird huh?

2. Jaco played the drums on Teen Town. You should really listen to Havona, or just try to play, you'll have a whole new respect for Jaco.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I always thought Jaco played drums on Teen Town. From what I've heard, he played multiple drum tracks and peiced them together (i.e. hi-hat only, toms/cymbals, etc.)

4. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Wow! you are right! I just looked at the notes.

5. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Yep, Bass AND drums and production and arranging.

One talented dude!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Yeah Jaco started out as a drummer. From what I read, his book is really good by the way, some kids were a little jealous of him in his school days and they broke his wrist in a football practice. Couldn't hit the snare right after that. So he picked up the bass one day. Needless to say, the rest is history. Seriously though, give Havona a lot of play time. We wrote a lot of rules in bass playing on that track. Oh check out his book, very interesting read. :bassist:

7. i think the solo he does in havona is one of his best.