1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Teen Town

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MichaelScott, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Wow.

Just picked up Heavy Weather a couple of days ago and Teen Town is my favorite.

Acuna really lays down a nice tarmac for Jaco to take off.

Not to say that Jaco isn't great on the album- but I am more impressed with Acuna's drums. Weird huh?

2. Jaco played the drums on Teen Town. You should really listen to Havona, or just try to play, you'll have a whole new respect for Jaco.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I always thought Jaco played drums on Teen Town. From what I've heard, he played multiple drum tracks and peiced them together (i.e. hi-hat only, toms/cymbals, etc.)

4. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Wow! you are right! I just looked at the notes.

5. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Yep, Bass AND drums and production and arranging.

One talented dude!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Yeah Jaco started out as a drummer. From what I read, his book is really good by the way, some kids were a little jealous of him in his school days and they broke his wrist in a football practice. Couldn't hit the snare right after that. So he picked up the bass one day. Needless to say, the rest is history. Seriously though, give Havona a lot of play time. We wrote a lot of rules in bass playing on that track. Oh check out his book, very interesting read. :bassist:

7. i think the solo he does in havona is one of his best.