1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Teenage drinking

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Let kid's be kids is what I say.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Like I've said before, if a parent can't raise a kid that's better than him in every way, he's not worth a damn.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I do believe it's 20 in Michigan.

4. Dude...whats a few brewski's gonna do every now and then? As long as the kid(im hoping over then 13) is not outside or whatever...then I think it's ok.

Whats wrong with tossin' back some Coors with pops?

5. Vanilla Coke

Vanilla Coke

Feb 22, 2004
    Post edited out.

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

And you know, of course, how easy it is from all of your child rearing experience?

It's funny to me that it seems like the people who know the best way to raise kids are the ones who don't have them.

7. Well,Every now and then I let my 2 sons toss back some with me. But, I don't let 'em get Sh1t faced. They're mature about it.

8. Vanilla Coke

Vanilla Coke

Feb 22, 2004
    Post edited out.

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Response to edited post.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Response to edited post.

11. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    It's nice to have positive role models.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive noticed its usually those people whose parents were very strict and kept them away from the stuff are generally the ones who go crazy with it first chance they get.

Im sure you know one of those guys.

Peace
    Nick

13. I am 18 and a pretty regular drinker. I don't drink to be "cool" seeing as I have like 4 friends, but I drink because I like the feeling of not feeling, it is something you non-drinkers/drug users just wouldn't understand.

14. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    No, but I do know because my parents busted their asses to do it for me.

15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Why would you not want to feel? So you're not responsible for your actions?

Occasional drinking isn't a big deal. It's life. It's the people that go out and get pissed drunk twice every weekend, as if that's the main goal in their life (which is fine if it is, but the should stop trying to pass it off as something noble to do).

16. Well I get drunk in my house or at a friends house I spend the night at. I don't go and drive or drink so much I puke all over my buddies. I know my limits as to how much I can drink and not get puke drunk, and I never go over that limit. The feeling of not feeling is my way of dislodging from society. I know its not the healthiest way, but I enjoy it.

17. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    My guess: 13 year-old.

18. *applause*

See? whats wrong with having a little non-harmful fun every now and then?

19. I find the drinking age in America very stupid. Germans and most Europeans can drink when there 16. They have celebrations that include mass amount of alcohol(Oktoberfest/St. Patricks Day/etc.). These events and laws seem totally normal and right to me, and i'm an American! I need to move to Europe, this place gives me a headache with all its stupid laws to get intoxicated. It's my body, no one should be able to control or set a law to deny what I can do to it. The By-Product of the puritanical madness agaisn't drinking and drugs, is that people do abuse it and "rebel". With that rebellion there is drunk driving(because public intoxication is illegal so no one wants to walk). It would just be better if there were no laws agaisn't any intoxication, with that comes education and responsibility-but a liberal society to no forshame these people. Some people ask me why such a smart person like me gets intoxicated(They think i'm smart, I am not egoing myself). I tell them my quote "Intellictuals who escape from reality, are not to be judged. The true injustice is that reality has escaped from being intellictual." Learn, Grow, Live- People....

20. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Drinking can be good and bad at any age.