Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LittleHetzel, Apr 26, 2002.

1. LittleHetzel

LittleHetzel

Aug 15, 2001
    alright guys, question is, and you are all going to laugh at me and then shun me, but does anyone know of / wanna figure out the tabs to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme song? that would be the ultimate cool. this is a shot in the dark, but how about this? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D thanks guys
    JON

2. Hey man the Turtle's kick ass!

One of these days I may figure out the theme song....

Anybody see the movies on DVD yet?

3. I've got the first TMNT movie on DVD.

I got it at Wal-Mart for $8.99

4. Do you have the actual song? I've been wanting to cover that for quite awhile...I mean, how can you beat TMNT? Can't. I'll give it a shot, though. We could tag-team it, as well, if you want.

-Dave

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    can't contribute to the music, but i just want y'all to know i have like 200 TMNT toys (no hyperbole). still. my brother (19) and i (16) refuse to garage-sell 'em.

6. LittleHetzel

LittleHetzel

Aug 15, 2001
    yea, i got the song, i downloaded it on Kazaa, and i would try to figure out a bass line for it ( since i don't kwo if there is one on the song, its like kinda techno, like? ya know what i mean? i don't think its a whole band playing the theme song) at anyrate i would, but i think like that kinda thing comes iwth time, and i am relativley new, i say relativly becuase i am new relative to these guys on here who have been playing from like 15 years plus you know? if you could figure that out, that would be tight, that being the bass line, thanks
    JON

7. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    One good bass line would be quarter notes on 1-6-5-6 stepping through each of the chords, which I believe are:

| C | C | Eb | Eb | F | Ab |

so the notes would be:

caga|caga|Eb-c-Bb-c|eb-c-bb-c|fdcd|Ab-f-Eb-f|

then c-c-c-c-Bb-c (under the "heroes in a half shell" lyric).

It would not surprise me, however, to learn that the bass is just eigth notes pounding the roots -- which would be a more techno way to handle it. My memory is pretty good, but, hey, that WAS a pretty long time ago, and I am SO old that... my KID was the one with the figures.