Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Teenager's... Rant/Other...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Funkize you, May 22, 2004.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Ok, I work at Knotts Berry Farm in Southern California, It is an amuzement park, I am a Ride Operator... Now

Why the Hell to Teen's think doing stupid **** is Funny? When Im at Wave Swinger (Just swinging chairs) I say "There is no Twisting in your seat, no holding hands with other riders, no Kicking other Riders, No holding onto other riders Seats" so what do they do? ALL OF THE ABOVE, I mean, I am only 18, but I WAS NEVER that Moronic, shure I have done some dumb stuff, but I mean, Everyone under 16 smells like cheap Pot, and do dumb crap, they have no idea that the stuff they are doing could end there life in a SECOND! Then they act all "Cool" in front of there little Girl friends till I knock 'em down a Notch, and tell them how dumb they are. And its even worse on some rids, I am a Fat guy, I can admit it, but when I am trying to shove some Big chick in a seat and say "Im sorry, but in my professional opinion I think it would be unsafe for you to ride" they of course say "Lets try that seat" Thats a Little off topic but CRAP This job is making me hate people, I dont even like to leave my house anymore, I like to stay away from the Generally Dumb Public. God I could go on for hours, but ill end it now... Contribute whatever you will...

BTW maybe someone here at TB works there too.

Good Times

-Tim

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have found the same thing at my job. I work for a property management company that owns a lot of campus property. Now why is it that a college student can not figure out how to get a beer bottle in a dumpster??? And why is it that a girl will lose bowel control from drinking, and leave the remains for me to clean up? And what scares me is, these people will be running the country in a few years! They can't even figure out how to get trash in a dumpster!!!! And the cars they drive! Their parents are just giving them a free ride, which bothers me. They never appreciate it, and you can tell. I have a rust bucket which needs a new transmission, and they are seriously driving lexus, nice toyotas, hondas, suv's and the like! NOW WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? Whatever happened to having to eat ramen noodles 4000 different ways because you couldn't afford any more than that????

3. My first job was Knott's. I sold churros and frozen lemonade in the Ghost Town area.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Good Times! I am working in the Fiesta Village area (Lame shirts)

5. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    oh, so this is what you meant by your angry outburst in the other thread

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I know what you mean, but there are dumb people all over the world, and there is no escaping it.

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    why is knotts suddenly trying to be all "extreme"?

Do they think painting everything purple and orange, and making it harder to get to Jaguar from the front gate will make it more fun?

Here is my reccomendation:

Build rides that don't suck.

The time Machine, Jaguar, Montezuma's, and that new one that just shoots you out of the station, then over the arch, and around...

That is all that place has going for it.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Chill dude, be mellow. I used to freak out about work and school and anything that pissed me off, then I just started let it go. Not that I don't care about life, I love listening and playing music, watching movies and have pipe dreams of making funny movies with friends, hanging out; typical teen stuff (I'm only 18 as well)

There is nothing anyone could ever say and very little anyone could do to piss me off anymore because I just don't care.

Ex. If I go into work tommorow work my scheduled 11-close shift and at 9:50, my boss fires me. I wouldn't shed a tear, I am indifferent about the job and have enough money saved to take the rest of the summer and most of next semester off.

Just slow down and realize that in ten years you wont even remember an event that pissed you off or ruined your day. I do it every time my dad hounds me about grades or deciding a major. In ten years, I will not give a crap about a C in Comp 2 or College Algebra.

Hope this gives you a different prespective.
    Adam Barkley.

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I completely agree with you about the stupidity of the nation. This, however....

My parents gave me a whopping $1500 to buy a car when I turned 16. Instead of buying a $1500 car, I went to work. Throughout high school, I busted my butt doing every job I could possibly find. When I graduated, I sold the truck that I had paid for during high school to BUY my mom's truck from her. I now drive a 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew. Did my mom GIVE me a free ride? Nope. I bought it from her. A portion of the truck was indeed my graduation present, but I paid for 90% of the truck BY MYSELF.

You can't categorize people who drive nice cars as stuck up, ungrateful, or rich. My family is definitely not rich. I simply worked hard during high school and am working hard now to buy the things I want.

Oh, and I *DO* eat ramen noodles, but that's just because I like them :D

10. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    We are building a New Roller Coaster called the Silver Bullet. It is supposed to be like Accelerator (but not as fast) and Ghost Rider (long track)

11. We had bad shirts too--brown collared shirts with little flowers all over em. And a cowboy hat. The pay sucked too--this was back in 1996, and I made $4.58 an hour.

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Maybe you should just LET them be stupid. Then when they get decapitated you could be like. "That's why you don't **** around on the Whirl-e-gig".

Or you could hire a one-armed man to teach them a lesson...ever seen "Arrested Development"?

I, personally, believe that shows like "Jackass" and "Viva la Bam" should be made legally invulnerable to litigation involving their stunts...no more disclaimer at the beginning of the show. That way, the kids stupid enough to try that stuff will end up, dead, maimed, or unable to reproduce...thus raising our average IQ 20 or 30 points over the course of the next forty years.

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Exactly.

14. :D

15. You should be in my class! I mean, I'm going to be 18 in November, and some people in my class are a year older then me, but they act like they are still in kindergarden! Ever (and I mean EVERY) tuesday, between French and Dutch class, and between Dutch and Religion (or whatever it is in English) I can guarantee: one guy will pick up the eraser and throw it at someone else. Those two will keep throwing it at each other untill they hit a third person OR the teacher comes in. They have been doing that for a year. And STILL haven't grow tired of it. Man I'll be glad the year is over.

16. Quit your job and become a writer

17. I blame rittalin. I've never taken any, so I am pretty normal, and you know...not dumb.

Drugs mess with your brain. Legit or non.

That's why I don't do any form of drug unless my doctor makes me. I don't even take tylenol.

18. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    give this guy a medal, or a trophy, etc.

this guy too

19. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

Can I use this quote in my sig? That is some funny s***. :D

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I would have agreed untill recently.

I was put on Concerta which from my understanding is a variation of ritalin and it messed me up. Luckily I didnt take it to long, but I feel stupider now than I was before. My vocabulary and communication skills were much better and I was able to read and enjoy it. Now I cant communicate as effectively and I have trouble reading.

That put a pretty strong opinion in my head of these drugs. Recently however I met a girl who is on ritalin and has been for several years and she says she is doing great because of it. I believe her too. She hasnt suffered from intelectual withdrawl and is able to focus on the things she has to do more effectively. From talking to her I can tell that it obviously does work for some people.

I think the real problem is that doctors are prescribing it to too many people. I think the effects and side effects are still not understood well enough to understand how it will effect some people.

In general though, teenagers have always thought they were invincible and always will.

No big deal.

Peace
    Nick