Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Teens and Drugs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Muttluk, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, in my video class, I'm doing a video on drug use and teens. (I dont know how high the level is other parts of the world, but in Berkely Ca, its pretty high, so yeah...) Anyways, the idea came across to me that it'd be cool to add some stats along with the interviews and other stuff, and since i know there is a lot of teens on this board, I figured you guys could lend me a helping hand...

If you could please answer the fallowing questions if you use drugs...

1. Why did you start using drugs?
    2. What is your drug of choice (more than one is acceptable... just what do you use more than just "experimenting")?
    3. Do you mix drugs?
    4. How often do you use?
    5. Do you think you have an addiction

To get the ball rolling, I'll answer the questions. Please do not turn this thread into a "Teens shouldnt be using drugs" contraversy type thread. Its just a survay.

1. I dont know, experimentation i guess...
    2. Alcohol, Dip... and the ocasional marijuana (we're talking once a month or so), Vikadin (rarly, but its been more than experimenting... so yeah)
    3. I mix Alcohol and dip... I just like the feeling I guess..
    4. I drink every weekend, Dip every other time i guess? not too often...
    5. I test my self to see if I can kick the habbit, and so far its always been successful

Also, people who arnt teens, feel free to jump in, just keep it in the time frame of when you were a teen (13-19). All forms of tobacco, and various other "legal" over the counter stuff counts too if you feel its not the "perscribed" way of using.

If this thread is not allowed, mod's, delete it I guess? If you dont want it displayed infront of everyone, just pm me please. Its a small video, less than 100 people will probably see it. Thanks.

Also, if you dont use, please state "I dont use" or somthing of the sort...

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    1. Because I was stupid and cared what people thought of me and I also wanted to see what it was like.
    2. None. I quit a long time ago, something like 4 years. Oh, I’m 17 by the way.
    3. No
    4. Never
    5. Again, No

3. I guess I should have clarified that it'd also be good if you've quit to answer the questions as if you were still using... and then at the end, state if you quit.

thanks for the feedback though.

4. Its all good.. My group (Two other individuals and I) went out on a long search for teens who quit, and sadly... we couldnt find any... its kinda disturbing... Too bad you dont go to my school... could have used you for an interview.

5. letsee
    I used to smoke pot. I used to take acid, shrooms. I quit, not because I didn't like it, but because I got bored. That and I had plans to enlist in the Air Force. I still drink, but I'm legal. I quit smoking, with excellent results.

6. 1. Why did you start using drugs?
    I dunno, it just kinda happened
    2. What is your drug of choice (more than one is acceptable... just what do you use more than just "experimenting")?
    Pot mostly, with mushrooms on occasion. I used to be big time into acid.
    3. Do you mix drugs?
    Yup. But only certain ones, like when a joint is
    laced with something else

4. How often do you use?
    I smoke pot just about everyday. For other drugs, I use more on a bi-weekly basis
    To "hard" drugs, no. To pot, maybe. I'm not sure
    if it's really all that possible, but i do have a dependancy on the stuff and realize that I may have a problem

Hope that helps! :D Darn, now I feel like a junkie.... :eek:

7. Sometimes that helps. Me making this video convinced me to cut back on my drinking. I used to be basicly "gone" from friday night till sunday morning when i had to do homework for school... I've always kept drinking and school seperate, but never realized how much I go though. Needless to say... I've cut back... and now I get to watch the money come rolling in. $20-40 a week habbit has a great outcome when you cut it down to $10.

8. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    1. cause i was looking for escape from prison of my problems... (we all have some) but it just brang me other probs and i got deeper into a ****s
    2. mostly dope and amphetamins
    3. i did in a past.. heh, got into clinical death cause of some mixed "coctail" ;-]
    4. i was using em daily for several yrs
    5. heh, i am out of that but it was a pain ... being in hospital on detox really suxx

good luck with that stuff ;-)

9. 1. Why did you start using drugs?

Something to do really. Wasn't against it before I started and I quite wanted to see if I liked it.

Just bordem I guess.

This sounds really sad, but it was also the sort of scene I was into in terms of circles of friends before I started doing it. I hang about with alot of skaters, surfers and 'musicians' who all did it so I thought I might as well start and see if I liked it. I didn't feel pressured into it by everyone else because I, and they, aren't like that, but I thought since they did it and liked it I might too.

I'm sorry for calling all skaters and surfers pot heads because I know they get a lot of crap like that from everyone, but it's largely true. Appologies to those who take offence if they don't do any drugs.

weed. Not soap because to make the blocks I'm led to believe that they mix the dope with rubber which is very similar to that of car tyres. Only cannabis in plant form for me. I'm a man of quality and taste.

3. Do you mix drugs?

no. I don't approve of any other drugs except for maybe coke, but I wouldn't use it, none of my friends do, and I couldn't afford it.

4. How often do you use?

Havn't used it in ages, since before christmas actually. Before then I didn't use it all that regularly because it was quite expensive. I'd go and get stoned possibly once every2 - 6 weeks. I've stopped now for a little while though because my girlfriend doesn't like me doing it and the school are getting alot stricter about it. I think in the summer holidays I'll start again.

No, as I said, I stopped. If i start again, or don't stop once I start again, it's because I enjoy it and I don't want to stop, not because I'm addicted.

10. I notice you're counting alchohol as a drug. I go out and get tipsy or plastered every other weekend nowadays. It's still two years till I'm legal but I don't see alchohol as that big a deal so I just kinda drink it without thinking about the fact that I'm not allowed to.

I also forgot to mention before, I appove of shrooms and LSD too.

11. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    My brother was taking some once and I thought I'd try it out.

Cannabis.....nothing else.Not even alcohol.

3. Do you mix drugs?
    No

4. How often do you use?
    Once or twce a month...sometimes less.

No.

12. 1. I got offered some at a friend's house when we were having a gathering.

2. Canabis (and if you consider alcohol as a drug for the purpose of this survey then that too)

3. If drinking and smoking counts as mixing then yes, otherwise no. I wouldn't touch any other drug.

4. Couple times a month for canabis. I drink quite heavily though (hey, I'm a student!)

5. No, I'm too poor to get addicted!

13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    hmmmm.... quitting smoking is a cinch, I've done it 1000's of times. Ya might want to think about number 5......

AND, okay - I'm gettin old - what the hell is Dip - sounds like it might be coke, but that's a new one to me.

AND also, I don't drink or take drugs. I've had more than my share - thought I'd leave some for everyone else :).

14. You know bleeding is a drug? It's one of the newer ones too; it actually feels really good but it's very damging. It's becoming very popular too because its very cheap, no money required to get high. But it can also be paired with sniffing house hold chemicals as a form of drug abuse.

1. It started as experimentation, but then it became a part of staying human. I just needed to feel it.

2. For a while it was acid, but I also fooled around with self mutilation for a little bit. But now I stick with the "weaker" stuff; like alchohol.

3. Yes, like I said when I was younger I did allot of different ones to get a buzz, anything that was free I tried out with no inabitions. But that was very damaging to me.

4. Not as much as I use to.

5. I was but I'm over it now.

15. 1. Why did you start using drugs?
    One of my friends in my physics class was a total pothead, and he'd talk about it a lot, and I thought it'd be cool to try, so I did, that was when I was 16.

I started drinking when I was 17, with one of my friends. Pretty sad, two teenage guys drinking in a garage. Oh well, it was fun once we started drinking with other people.

Alcohol. It's relatively cheap, regulated by the government for my safety, served everywhere, and I'm legal age. Occasionally I'll take a puff if someone hands me a joint, but not usually, maybe if I'm drunk, so a few times a year I guess.

3. Do you mix drugs?
    I'll rarely mix alcohol and weed, as I said above.

4. How often do you use?
    I have a drink with my dad or my friends on a weekly basis, and drink heavily with my friends a few times a month.

No.

16. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    because i hate the world and everything in it

2. What is your drug of choice??
    marijuana and I occasionaly trip shrooms fantastic (i dont drink)

3. Do you mix drugs?
    no

4. How often do you use?
    um few times a week

i dont know

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    1. Why ?

Why not ? Actually, good point, why ? *goes off to rehab*

2. What ?

Pot or acid.

3. Mix ?

Nope. Just never had the occasion too.

4. When ?

Whenever i have it. 4-5 times a month.

5. Addict ?

Naw

18. Dip is a form of chewing tobacco.

19. Et Cetera

Et Cetera

Jan 24, 2002
    Madison, WI
    Because I'm into science fiction, and I like the idea of altering my mind. I also really like the idea of just taking a little pill and changing my environment completely.

2. What is your drug of choice?
    I started drinking alcohol when I was relatively young (12 maybe) and still do.

The first other drug I tried was LSD when I was 15. I still do that too.

I started doing dextromethorphan (DXM) when I was 16 and quickly became addicted to it. I would order it from a science supply company sometimes, or just steal bottles of cough syrup if I couldn't do that. I mostly quit doing that when I was 18, but will still do it every 6 months or so.

I tried huffing ether when I was 16 a few times. I loved it, but it was just way too hard on me to do it very often. I felt like I lost 10 IQ points everytime I did it. I probably did.

When I was 18 I tried valium and liked it, but I don't really think it's something I'd go out of my way to get or anything. I would never pay for it.

I also recently tried cocaine a few times, but I didn't really like it. I'm not really into the "velocity" sort of drugs. Again, I wouldn't pay for it or anything.

A few months ago I got perscribed to hydrocodone (vikadin) and became addicted to it amazingly quickly. I would find myself taking 10 or 15 of them at a time sometimes. My 2 month perscription ran out in about 3 weeks, so I lied about someone stealing them out of my car and got another full bottle. I haven't taken any in about a month, but damn, I really really want to. Maybe I'm still addicted to them, I don't know.

3. Do you mix drugs?
    I've mixed alcohol with LSD, but it just cancelled out the effects of the alcohol completely. I mixed alcohol and valium and just fell asleep (imagine that). I mixed alcohol and cocaine and it was a relatively agreeable experience.

4. How often do you use?
    I get drunk about once a week now. I do LSD, vikadin, DXM and cocaine occasionally (I usually end up doing one or two of them at least once a month).

5. Do you think you have an addiction?
    I think that I have had addictions in the past to DXM and to vikadin. Right now, I'm addicted to sex and caffeine, but I don't know if anyone else considers those drugs. That makes me sound like a slut...
    :p

**I'd also just like to note that I've never smoked cigarettes or marijuana. Some people find that interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.