Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

teeth marks on my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleafan, Oct 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this thread should be in humor but it could apply to those with out an amp.

my amp has "blown up" for the millionth time and so i use the little amp in my head.

i bite on any part of the bass where i can still manage to play it and the vibrations go right through your scull and into your ears. its great. try it... i dear you

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

And I thought "sculling" was something that only rowers did! ;)

Dear me...

3. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    And exactly what part of the bass should I be biting, F.F.? I tried it and now I've got a crick in my neck. I also drooled into the pup and it sounds funny now.

By the way, we dear you too. :) :) :):)

Pkr2

4. Bruce Lindfield

Actually if you are sitting down, you only need to rest your chin on the body of the bass, to feel the low frequencies through the bone structure in your face. Keep your mouth closed and avoid both drool and marking the finish! :rolleyes:

(I suppose this might not work if you are a bit chinless!)

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Maybe this thread should be in "technique". :)

More than likely...it will show up in Miscellaneous soon.

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

Bruce, where's this new sense of humor coming from? :) :) You have been coming up with some gems lately.

Pkr2

7. I don't know... Technique sounds appropriate! ;) :D

Another thing you can do is rest the body of the bass (by the bridge) against one of the walls in your house and the whole room become an amp. Less chance of "blowing up" your head, too. :D

8. Bruce Lindfield

I'm just misunderstood! :( "Divided by a common language...."

9. When I saw this thread, I thought someone had found my old Ibanez. The bass that I once told somebody, "I don't care about beating this thing up, I'm not gonna sell it." I then bit down into the body to prove my point. Needless to say I sold that bass years later. I will definitely be able to recognize it if I run up on it again. I'll just check the fit against my choppers! :D

Chris

10. berkleestudent

berkleestudent

Oct 17, 2000
    Thanks for your warm reply. One thing that they should teach players is respect. I happen to have a reading disorder which prevents me from seeing liniar objects the way they appear. I am 23 years old. Have been playing for many years and have had the oppertunity to sit in with members of the Allman brothers band, Pat Metheny's session players, and many of the faculty here at Berklee regard me as an equal. So before you tell me about maturity, you should first figure out who you're dealing with, and what kind of players they are on the scene, and have the maturity to not jump the gun on incomplete information. Next time, after you get off of your ego, send something people will learn from insted of posting an insult of intellegence. You are giving the FLAKE reputation of musicians more power with every word you utter. How old are you anyways?

11. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    berklee...
    To WHOM is your post directed? And WHAT...are you talking about???

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Um...berkleestudent?...what in the world are you talking about? Have you posted to the wrong post?

I guess there aren't any computer classes at Berklee? :eek: :) :) ;)

13. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I agree completely. There are some things that just are uncalled for. By the way what are we mad about?

I'll bet you've been down on off topic haven't you?

I'd bet you meant to post this somewhere else.

I'll bet that if you are thin skinned that you wont like T.B. If you ever give these guys an opening, they'll have you for lunch. :

Just a bit of unsolicited advice. When you are ****** off, don't respond for at least a day or two. Sometimes you read what was said in a different light. I've seen lots of arguments on T.B. but I've never seen anybody win one. :)

Welcome to Talkbass

Pkr2

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I think Cody (berkleestudent) meant to post the message in General Instruction, on his own thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7254

But even so, I still can't see what you're so friggin' mad about? You don't have to take everything so darn seriously - there's even a smiley there, see?

Or do you get a grip of it, Mr. Bruce Linfield (as you apparently were the one upsetting him)?

Personally, I'd gladly take every reading disorder in the world for studying at Berklee. Who wouldn't?

15. OK, since this one has become a little messy, I'm going to close it down.

Berkleestudent, feel free to reply in the proper thread.

Sorry fleafan, it's a good topic. Start over if you'd like. Come to think of it, Amps might be the right forum for it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.