Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tekken 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lbanks, Mar 3, 2005.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I went to buy Gran Turismo, but they were out, so I got Tekken 5. What can I say? Its a Tekken. I haven't checked out all of the modules, but on 1st impression:
    Fighting? It handles like the last Tekken, but I haven't got a grip on the special moves,yet.
    Enviro? Ehh, ok. Not as beautiful as Soul Caliber2 or as thrilling as Mortal Kombat, but you don't have much time to look around anyway. NO MULTILEVEL FIGHT... that I've found, but, knowing Tekken, it MAY, be an unlockable..
    Cut scenes? Hey, its Tekken!
    Heihachi ?
    Soul Calibar2 is better, but I expected it to be. I'm not allowed DOA(Thanks G4!: : :spit: ) , Mortal Kombat feels deeper, but much more depressing. Tekken fans will want it. I give it a 7 out of 10.

GTA:SA still has no challengers for #1, in my collection.
    PS. 'Mercenaries' is fun but gets old quick..

edit:fixed it.

2. It's correctly spelled Tekken. Sorry, it was bugging me. :)

Anyway, thanks for the perspective since so many of the gaming sites were giving it absolutely rave reviews. I'm still not sure if I'll get it, but your assessment is helpful.

Definitely will be picking up Devil May Cry 3, though. :cool:

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Mortal Kombat deeper? No way. The only 2 fighting games that are comparable in depth to Tekken are Soul Calibur 2 and Virtua Fighter 4. MK is elementary school compared to these games. DOA is for anime masturbators.

Tekken 5 is a vast improvement over Tekken 4 which was admitted by most to be a major bump in the road for the series.

Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter=pure gameplay

all others=pretty graphics and lame gimmicks

Flame on. :cool:

4. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Wait a second, I really like DOA.... And... err... err.... er...... <coughs>

Nevermind....

:p

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    The problem I'm having with it, is, I was expecting more. I'll tell ya', the new MK is a gas. Much better the the last one. And Soul Caliber 2, is the best, no argument. And, this may seem an odd relationship I'm establishing , after GTA:SA,I was expecting this to be IT! No more games about the family and ....SEE! I just used Kazuya and won and see how that ended?

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    All the fighting games seem to be the same to me.

I like the mortal kombat games, though... MK2 for sega genesist, in particular.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Played it a minute at Babbage's today... yeah, I'm gonna buy that! That's too slick! And I still have to get Gran Turismo 4! And Stranger's Wrath! Ha! ChipPunks!

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That was the best game ever.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i still have never beat it... been playing for 7 years :p

10. SC2 and Virtua Fighter 4 are the best fighting games released in a long time...of course, they've both been out well over a year and no one has even come near it yet in terms of quality.