Tele bass... Balance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Sep 5, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    has anyone owned/played a tele bass
    i want a g and l version but i hate unbalanced bass

i think im out of luck
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Get a good, wide strap and even a Warwick will balance for yah.
  3. ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    You mean the G&L ASAT, right?
    Yes, I own one. Bought it last year in December and it's my main bass since then. Love the sounds, the feel and furthermore the look of it.

The Headstock tends a little bit to horizontal, but for me it's not much of a point. A good strap made it a lot more comfortable, although there's still some "force" on my shoulder. But if you have your hand on the neck the tendency is gone completely. Perhaps a better strap would solve the problem in the end. But as I said, it doesn't bother me the way it is now.
    You should try one out for yourself to see if it's comfortable for you.

But be aware that you'll probably have to buy the ASAT after trying it - that's how it was to me. It's just perfect; this Bass rules, I can definitly reccommend it.

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004

5. I can second that! I also own one, and use it as my main bass. I had a pretty thin Get-em Get-em strap on it, and was a little uncomfortable. I switched ofer to a Levi's strap that must be about 4'' wide and I haven't had any problems. Like PatzPaul said, 'It's just perfect.'

I also wear my bass very high, which was really the main problem with the skinny strap. I'm sure that if you had your bass hanging down at your knees, any body style would be comfortable.