1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Telecaster-shaped basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mild Side, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Mild Side

Mild Side

Apr 9, 2001
    Name some telecaster shaped basses, please. I like the single cutaway look of a Telecaster guitar, but I can't seem to find any basses with the same shape.

Thanks!

MS

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    The only one I can think of is the Danelectro 6 string bass.

3. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Isn't there a Johnson bass, or something....? That was on the TB news before the facelift?
    Could be reeeal wrong on this one..

4. The Schecter Model T Robert DeLeo looks like a Tele to me

5. Well there's the actual Fender Tele bass.........

if you can find one.

6. the fender tele bass is so called because it has a tele headstock, not body. the ASAT is probably what ya want, but for a more extreme look there's the new rex brown signature spector.

7. Schecter does (or did) a model called Baron bass with tele shape and a single humbucker in Precision position both with passive and active electronics.

8. The Godin SD is quite similar to a Tele shape - it's maybe a little rounder though. They are certainly a great bass for the money (around $400), in fact I'd personally pay much more for one (not that I really want to). The other fine example, as mentioned, is the G&L ASAT which is very much a Tele shape and it is one of the most versatile basses around (or the L-2000 has the same electronics).

Here's the Godin:

[​IMG]

9. D'uh... I knew that, I must have been temporarily insane when I wrote that.....ASAT's the one.

10. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Another Schecter (I remembered this one from the Bass Player 5-string shootout):

[​IMG]