Telecaster-shaped basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mild Side, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Mild Side

Mild Side

Apr 9, 2001
    Name some telecaster shaped basses, please. I like the single cutaway look of a Telecaster guitar, but I can't seem to find any basses with the same shape.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    The only one I can think of is the Danelectro 6 string bass.
  3. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Isn't there a Johnson bass, or something....? That was on the TB news before the facelift?
    Could be reeeal wrong on this one..
  4. The Schecter Model T Robert DeLeo looks like a Tele to me
  5. Well there's the actual Fender Tele bass.........

if you can find one.
  6. the fender tele bass is so called because it has a tele headstock, not body. the ASAT is probably what ya want, but for a more extreme look there's the new rex brown signature spector.
  7. Schecter does (or did) a model called Baron bass with tele shape and a single humbucker in Precision position both with passive and active electronics.
  8. The Godin SD is quite similar to a Tele shape - it's maybe a little rounder though. They are certainly a great bass for the money (around $400), in fact I'd personally pay much more for one (not that I really want to). The other fine example, as mentioned, is the G&L ASAT which is very much a Tele shape and it is one of the most versatile basses around (or the L-2000 has the same electronics).

Here's the Godin:

9. D'uh... I knew that, I must have been temporarily insane when I wrote that.....ASAT's the one.
  10. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Another Schecter (I remembered this one from the Bass Player 5-string shootout):