1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Telecasters, anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike M., Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I haven't played my guitars in ages. Been way too long, so last night I took my Telecaster out, plugged into my Deluxe Reverb....what a sound! No denying the fact that I'm rather out of shape, but what fun! Like Keith Richards once said...."then it hit me. A Fender guitar into a Fender amp. Well done, Leo. Well done." Indeed.

Any other bass players here play Tele's as well? Or Strat's? I'm definatley getting my Strat fixed up soon.

Back to the Tele!

2. DSC01245_zps5bbef567.

I have this guy plugged into a Carr Rambler, but similar-ish to Leo's guitar and amp.

3. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I've got a Fender strat into a Marshall '62 RI Bluesbreaker that absolutely kills.

I also borrowed a buddy of mine's early 60's Fender Tremolux amp a while back along with his telecaster. Holy cow! Fender guitar + fender amp = TONE!

4. Let's see, I have a 1966 Tele, a 2011 MIA Tele, and a 1999 MIM Strat...needless to say, I like Teles lol

5. I do not have a Tele, unfortunately :bawl:. But I love them freakin' things! They sound awesome and look just as good (I like to say they have "classic" good looks). I once saw this Classic Vibe Tele and I was in love!

0303027550v1_hi-a898e03783fb2003579809fec186f4bb.
    I wanted it, but I didn't have the money and I wasn't really playing guitar anymore.

Frankly, I think Strats are kinda clichéd and overrated. I prefer Teles all the way. But what do I know? I haven't played guitar in years now. Besides, I might just happen to play one in the future and love it, so maybe I shouldn't judge.

6. You know what? I don't even know why I wrote that. Hugely popular doesn't really mean clichéd. After all, the Jazz Bass itself (which I love) is based on the Strat (indirectly, I think), plus I am watching some music vids and a guy had this black strat with a black pickguard and a maple fretboard... and it was gorgeous. Plus I haven't really played all that many Strats (the real ones, mind you). So, yeah, just scratch the initial comment about Strats.

Still, the Tele is my darlin' when it comes to guitars. Just alongside the Gibson/ Epiphone SG.

7. tat2jim

tat2jim

Sep 13, 2007
    ATL via NYC
    I bought a brand new blonde Telecaster in 1974 for $180.00. Sold it a few years later when I commited myself to bass guitar. I wish I still owned that Tele. :crying:

8. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Another Tele fan here!

9. Count me in! A Tele is next on my list.

10. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    My boy has had his 72' Deluxe for thirty years. He's only a year older than his guitar.

Have a pic somewhere, but can't find one now.

11. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
  12. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Nice! How do you like the Road Worn tele? I've been wanting to try one for a while, but haven't been able to. (I have that same Dylan poster as well)

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    My 2000 Tele Deluxe with my '57 Reissue Strat:

100_0905.

Both the guitar players I normally play with are in love with my Tele. I have to keep my doors locked so they don't try to steal it... ;)

14. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    I just sold my 2004 mim tele last week as it had sat unused for 5 months... Miss it already...

15. zenbanshee

zenbanshee

Jan 28, 2010
    Tolland, CT
    I bought a Highway One Telecaster a few years back that is my favorite guitar. I love that thing. It is so simple yet versatile. I've got a few Strats, but the Tele wins.

16. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I used to own a '99 am std tele that I played through an old 70's fender twin reverb; I love that sound...

17. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    My early 70's lawsuit era Ibanez tele custom. Plays, sounds awesome!

tele3_zps75b2bf7c.

tele2_zps5f6a8bb0.

tele1_zps85a7477b.

18. billgwx

billgwx

Apr 10, 2009
    Centereach NY
    I play both a Tele and a Strat to the four walls at home. Didn't touch it much last year as I concentrated solely on bass, but came back to it this year and feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough in my playing, from bad blues guitarist to mediocre :) Half joshing here--the other night I just let go and played some runs that were so shockingly good compared to my usual playing that I literally had to stop for the night and take it all in.

19. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    It's great seeing how much Tele love is here. I'm definatley getting back into mine. My only gig anymore is playing bass at church once every three weeks. I do good for what's required and while there's always room for improvement on bass I just feel like slightly branching back out in a differant direction, if nothing more than for my own doing. It's a nice alternative.

20. Hell yeah! I love my MIA Tele special through my Vox AC4hw! Match made in heaven!