Teletubies are soooooo awesome!!!! I wish i could be one!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    hah! i saw the coolest show and it comes on PBS!
    Its called teletubies!??! anybody heard of it!??! THEY RULE!.. I like the short little fat red one.. that rubs its butt on things!!! .. its soooooo cool!
    wow.. i discover something cool everyday.. It reminds me of.. when i used to be a druggy(drugs r bad)watching Mr Rogers. sept.. well.. now im not.. and it looks just the same.. sept with no sideeffects!!!
    wow!! sooo cool!!!
    I love this show!!.. anybody else heard of it besides me!??!!
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    well, you sure suit their audience
  3. GOod for ya..

JK.. DOn't tell me you had never seen them before..

the first time I saw them was 4 years back.. I'm glad I didn't grow up seen stuff like those monsters or the power rangers.
  4. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    yes.. that post was entire sarcasm....heh..
    yeah i remember.. ThE PuHpIl wUn is GaY oUt DAh FrAmE DaWg.. :rolleyes:
    lol.. its just a cartoon..well sorta.. its kinda scary.. it made me horrified when they were rubbing there butts together.. really scary!!! reminds me of x girlfriends =( and thats not very friendly!
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    the only "good" thing about that show:
    Bunnies AND kittens

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know...the screeching sunbaby is kind of cool a creepy sort of way.
  7. No denying my generation grew up with the coolest TV shows:

"teenage mutant ninja turtles...." :p

*fly kicks Eric*

8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    wow... merls hah..

I grew up with the greatest cartoons
    GI JOE and MR T!!!
    the best of the best!! oh cant forget the WWF animated hulk hogan cartoon!
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    death to the 'tubbies! and feel free to torch the wiggles while you're at it...oh dear lord. my daughter loves that stuff. drives me nuts!
  10. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    Same here neptoon, my daughter used to be obsessed with them. I would think any parent of small children hates the Teletubbies with a vengeance...
  11. I grew up with lots of stuff by Rankin/Bass eg: The Last Unicorn, The flight of the Dragons, The Lord of the Rings, and animated series as the Thundercats... ALso He-man, Robotech, Voltron, etc. Much better than today's crap.. IMO

I honestly can't believe that the Power Rangers had so much success at their beggining. They are such a cheap creation.. Those suits..
  12. Those tubbies creep me out. Thats okay though. They will soon die because of the harmful radiation produced by the televisions in their stomachs and then, I will make a more wholesome cartoon, safer for the actors, and less creepy. It will be similar, but instead of strange scary creatures, there will be white insurance salesman in their mid 40s'. Dude, seriously.
  13. heehe i saw it mentioned but yeah HE-Man! like heehee i remember watching that in the morning before school..

14. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    ! ! ! ! !

My absolute fave! I grew up wanting so much to be a Ninja Turtle! :D

::Nostalgic feeling::

Besides that, I was a huge fan of the Muppets. Kermit is my favorite. I have an old Kermit from the 70s on my wall, and my girlfriend made a cool black t-shirt with a silver star on it for him. Goth Kermit. Ubercool.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Barney is the antichrist and the Teletubbies are his Satanic Hellspawn!
  16. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Oh GOD! The Power Rangers!

I remember the day I just couldn't take it any more and asked my now-18-year-old son to guess which episode I was summarizing, and then recited the formula for EVERY FRICKIN' EPISODE! THEY USED THE SAME PLOT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! YAAAAARGGH!

And it really embarrasses him now that he didn't realize that the shows were all the same. He would say " No, they're different. This time the monster is a jellyfish." or something.
  17. A lotta shows are like that. The Dukes of Hazzard always had something that they could drive their car off of.

There was one Simpsons episode where they made fun of a show called "Knightboat". The enemy would always get onto dry land, but Knightboat would always find an inlet or a canal or a fjord.
  18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The Teletubbies is the most uneducational children's show I've ever seen. As violent as some of the cartoons I was brought up with were (He-Man, G.I. Joe, Thundercats), they at least had better messages and were far more entertaining than Teletubbies. Speaking of which; I think I'm going to watch the He-Man Christmas Special I have on tape from 1987 in a little bit. :)

19. When a dude knows his cartoons........:D
  20. I have it taped too!

Only that it is on beta and the beta Vplayer is broken or something..:(