1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Television themes/jingles

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rudyboy98, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    I reminisce (sometimes) about how important music is to film and television. Think of just how much we are exposed to music from a very young age. Without music, TV and film would really suck. (Too bad the musicians playing on the shows get very little credit or sometimes no credit at all at the end!)

Cartoons like : Looney tunes, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, etc. really did a great job of getting me interested in music since I was a kid. Other TV shows from way back (not trying to date myself here) were also a precursor to learning music.

Are there any Television or Film theme songs or jingles that stand out in your mind that influenced you in any way? BASS line melodies get extra points!!! (If you like the Seinfeld theme/jingle-that's great...but try to add more than just that one tune to your list!)

Some of my faves are:
    1. Theme of Barney Miller-Great bass line!
    2. Theme of Star Wars- 'Nuff said
    3. Theme of Flash Gordon-Gotta love Queen!
    4. Favorite Rock movie-Bandits (1997 Foreign/German film)
    5. Favorite Music Documentary- Can't remember just now....:help:
    6. Favorite Music movie-August Rush

Least favorite: The Andy Griffith Song whistle. (That darn whistle drove me nuts!!!)

I could add more stuff, but what about you? Film scores are Double Points. (Hey, there aren't any prizes here, but, heck-who cares!?)

2. These both have great basslines:
    1. Good Times
    2. Family Guy

3. It's mostly root-and-fifth, but I like the theme from The Beverly Hillbillies.;)

4. Hawaii Five-O!
    Also:
    - the original Scooby Doo Where Are You,
    - Rockford Files

5. My favorite tv theme is the Mystery Science Theater 3000 theme. Its good fun.

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    How are we five posts into a thread on television jingles and theme songs on a bass forum and Night Court hasn't even had a passing reference?

7. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Sanford & Son theme

Mr. Belvedere theme (Leon is cool!)

SWAT theme

CHiPS them

That ditty they play when plaintiffs/defendants enter on People's Court

8. I like this thread! I've actually covered a few TV themes on my youtube/vimeo channel :). They're all cartoons though because I just like old cartoons so much.

I've covered the theme's from:

As Told By Ginger
    Tale Spin (vimeo)
    PB&J Otter

and I plan on doing more! My favorite music movie is easily August Rush though.

9. masterfader87

masterfader87

Jan 18, 2010
    Rawhide!

10. Brady Bunch
    This guy rocked it.

11. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    One of my all time favorite TV show theme songs was The Munsters. There were actually 2 different versions done.

12. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Cool McCool :D

13. The original jazzy Spiderman cartoon theme,and definitely the interlude ditty during the episodes!

14. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Mannix:

15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    A few more

The Green Hornet
    The Pink Panther
    Secret Agent Man

And, this great version of Experiment In Terror by Al Caiola was used for a regional TV show called Chiller Theater.

16. The Perry Mason theme is very haunting.

17. This is going off in a personal direction because I just got a new Ninja.
    The the old Kawasaki commercial has a fun theme.
    I've been singing this in my helmet.

18. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005

19. Roadman

Roadman

Mar 26, 2008
    As far as films go, I don't think there are any better examples of the power of music to add to the emotional impact of a movie than "Jaws" and "Rocky".

20. Rodriguez

Rodriguez

Nov 6, 2004
    NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification & LaBella Strings