Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell all your crazy stories!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by 311 fan, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    Tell us all of your crazy stuff youve done!!! I.E. Sabotashing a guitarist, Playing a prank on a friend. Anything you did for a good laugh.!!!

2. I was hanging out with my friend steve once.. and we were talking.. and real temporary insanity/adrenaline took over me. I stood and went bwahhhhhhh and flew 10ft. into my couch and fell to the ground laughin my butt off! *shrugs* was really funny.. and scary at the time

3. Gremlin

Gremlin

Oct 23, 2000
    One night me ,two of my friends(the guitarist and vocalist/guitarist in our band) and my cousin decided to egg the school's bulliten board which stands about 35 feet in the air and is about 15 feet wide. This bulliten tells everyone about our school's activites. So it was about 2 o'clock at night and we wanted to do something that would give us a rush. We each took an egg and walked to the school and every car that came we had to duck down into the shadows of the trees that the light poles gave along the school. We were about 110 yards away from the bulliten and we kept a close eye for the cops and other cars. When we reached our cafeteria we ran into a 9 feet deep 3 feet wide crack and waited for this car to go bye. That car drove bye and another car came after that. This car stopped in the middle of the road and waited there for about 3 minutes. We wanted to jump a wall that was our only way out but the car left and we just waited for it to leave. So we were about 30 yards away and one of my friends wanted to leave back home. And me being the one least to lead the way i ran out of the crack and threw the egg at the bulliten board. After that my freinds and couisn followed me and threw their egg at the board too. As soon as everyone was eggless we ran on a dead sprint back to my house. It turned out that me and one af my friends missed it and my other friend and cousin hit the board. Hit or miss it was a rush!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE!! www.angelfire.com/linux/downfall
    and sign it if you can, thanks!

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    There was the time i delivered a baby in the ladies room in between sets at a gig in Fayetteville.

Mike

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You win. :D

6. Wow.. that must have been an experience!

7. well, this brings up old memories from 'Nam... like that time when... oh, wait... I wasn´t born then... damn! :rolleyes:

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    It was different thats for sure. But it goes with the job.

Mike

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's convenient though that it was the ladie's room. They usually have those neat diaper rack thing-a-ma-bobbers. You could diaper the baby right then and there. :)

Um, one time, (at band camp), I saved a puppy, no a whole litter of puppies, from a burning building across the street from a gig.

Okay, you know what? That's not true. I'm ashamed. I was just trying to top Mike's story. I'm really embarrassed now. It's okay, I'll leave. :D

10. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    When I played in Deliverance, Tenn. I was followed outside by a gang of gay hillbillies. They tried to "hurt" me, but I was able to sneak back into the club.

11. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

I was cracking up right until that last sentence. C'mon, that really wasnt called for.

Mike

12. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    sorry, i changed it :)

13. Wanna here the story that beats everybody in here? I recently went to a small music shop down the street where I saw a 7 string bass hanging up on the wall. I've never played (or seen for that matter) a 7 string and tried to get it down. That proved to be difficult since I was standing on a half-way broken stool. Stool broke, I fell, and the bass came down and knocked me out for about 30 seconds. I woke up to find my friend laughing on the floor, the owner in hysteria, and me staring at pick-ups. I had 7 string marks and a mark for the very bottom of the strings (I don't know what its called but it hurt and left a very big knot.) for 2 days. The bass (to the owners relief) was fine. I don't care how many babies you've delivered, you can't say you've lived until you have been knocked out cold by a bass.

14. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Well, there's NO WAY that I can top mike's story, but here's the short version of a few of mine:
    Club owner in Des Moines pulls a gun on us and tells us to go on to an empty house.
    3 couples in a bar put on what was basically a live sex show for everyone. Great fun.
    Pull into a Michigan bar only to be told that we have to strike the stage that night, because we are opening for some band called Rush the next night. Even greater fun.
    We spend a REALLY bad week in Davenport, IA - the whole band gets trashed at an outdoor concert on the last day. We are so bad, we can't even play that night. We quit halfway into the second set - lots of yelling and broken glass in the dressing room. NOT fun.
    We play a club regularly where the owner loves us, and ALWAYS greets us at load-in with a pitcher of Kamikazes. We never play there with focused vision, but we do get 17 people onstage to moon the audience.

15. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    gweimer, I will trade my baby story for your Rush story. That to me is much more exciting.

Mike

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mike...you have shamed up...nobody can top delivering a baby between sets. You ruined it for us! No way any of us can top that...unless...

Hey, anyone bit the head off a live roadie on stage?!:D

17. well, back in the day(summer) when they were in construction of the new school in our town, me and my friends would go inside of the place and steal some things(like wires and spraypaint), every now and then we would find some cool stuff, though. One time we went in and found 3 fire extinguishers, so we grabbed them, plus a jerrycan of gas and some spraypaint. We went into the field behind the school, and set it all on fire and sprayed the extinguishers into the sky cuz it was cool to watch. The cops came, so we took off. We ran into a park, and there in the middle of the baseball field were two old people - around 60 - naked, having sex! It was disgusting.

18. hey ikickuintheballs... i'm sorry, but i don't understand your story at ALL.

19. one time at bandcamp....

20. EXACTLY! hehe.. ok.. lets see.. I was talking to my friend. We were in my livingroom and I had this sudden blast of adrenaline. I jumped 10ft. across my room into my couch head-first. I then fell to the ground laughing my ass off because I had no clue why the hell I did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.