Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell me about Euro Spectors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Hey everyone.

I'm heading to CA for vacation and am thinking of coming back with a new bass. For the past 2 years, I've been telling myself I need to get a spector euro 4 string to add to my collection. I have an awesome modulus 6, but no really nice 4 strings.

I've played a Spector Euro 4 and I've really liked how the body feels. The bass sounds great too.

Is there anything I should know about spectors before buying one? Would there be anything within the same price range ($800-$1100) as a used Spector Euro 4 that I should try out first?

I'm 75% sure I'll stick with a Spector unless I find something that REALLY grabs me.

2. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    If anyone can recommend a good place in the US to get a NS-5CRFM, let me know, as I'm thinking of taking advantage of the rather good £-$ rate at the moment and getting one... :D

Russ :bassist:

3. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    There's nothing more you really need to know except that you will be purchasing a mighty fine bass! The Euro is a superb value, great sounding, beautiful bass.... :bassist:

Good luck with a wonderful purchase! :)

4. When people say Czech or Euro, they are talking about the same bass, right?

5. different names for the same bass bobby,

the czech was an earlier bass.. it also came with an aggie preamp (i have this bass btw)
    then spector changed the name to 'euro' and it comes with stock spector tonepump preamp.

6. Ahh ok.. I cant wait to find one for a good price. I just dont know what it is, they feel great to me.. They arent $5000 basses, but they work for me.. I mainly play jazz and not many jazzers play spector, but who cares.

Gotta find one!