1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me about the peavey t-max.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumblee, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    Seems like it has lots of options when it comes to tone. Does it get gritty/ growly? Is it loud enough for gigging with a 4x12 or 4x10 cab? Any concerns with this head? Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    It was a pretty popular head during its day. Personally, I did not care for the preamp section, even with the 'tube' option. I had its two mates, the Kilobass and the Sessionbass. Of the three, I liked the preamp section on the lowly Sessonbass the best...it continues on, in updated form, in the Firebass, Nitrobass, Deltabass and Max series of heads.
    I'm sure the T-Max would be a reliable head. It's got decent power...IIRC...350watts into 4 ohms and 500 into 2 ohms. See if you can try it through your cab with your bass...then you will know if it does what you need it to.

Good luck.

Kim