1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me about this Fender Jazz US 2000 AIMM Special Edition

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Oct 29, 2013.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I have acquired a bass that is supposed to be a American Series Jazz Deluxe Special Edition AIMM Bass. It is Trans Red over ash and is a regular passive bass. I am having a difficult time finding info on the bass. The Serial Number is DZ00678xx.
    Pics will follow...

2. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Nada? Really? Must be a rare bird.

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Never heard or seen of such a bird. Passive deluxe you say?

4. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Yep an AIMM Special Edition. Same color as the Trans Red Deluxes but otherwise an American Series.

5. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Worked in a music store around that time and never saw one, not to say there wasn't one.

6. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    This was an AIMM Special.... Alliance of Independent Music Merchants and done in small numbers. Only available to independent dealers. Just hoping against hope someone here knows more than that.

7. All that I can gather is that
    1) They are very rare birds
    2) Value is in the same ballpark as any other instrument in it's class
    3) Generally less than 250 or so AIMM instruments make it out each year. Usually it's guitars, especially strats.
    4)An AIMM bass is quite rare.
    5) Also, it seems that AIMM instruments are usually not sold to the public? I am not sure on this one. I saw various sources saying that they are only sold to private business and others that say that they are sold only to benefit AIMM through various charitable events.

Nice find! Hurry up with some pics! I'm sure we're all impatient!

8. Also, another source says that it is not the Alliance of Independent Music Merchants (AIMM) but rather Association of Music Merchants, AKA NAMM.

I doubt that they are NAMM instruments but I'm just passing along the info that I have found.

9. Anthony Fury

Anthony Fury

Jan 20, 2009
    Chicago
    Subscribed.

10. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah it is AIMM.... I worked for the store at the time and we were a pretty high volume dealer for being an independant shop and the store is still listed as an AIMM dealer. I think they were (at our store) offered to customers who purchased a lot of stuff as a somewhat collectable piece. A friend of mine bought the bass 13 years ago and it has been cased since then. I will take some pictures and throw them up here when I get home.

11. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks.... we went to NAMM every year but never brought any NAMM instruments back to the best of my knowledge.

12. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
  13. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
  14. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
  15. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    tort looks good with that red

16. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Nice. How does she sound?

17. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Looks a bit pinkish on my screen. Hoping that Trans Red is darker in real life.

18. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    I owned a 2000 AIMM Special Edition American Series Strat in emerald green transparent. Information was hard to come by but essentially I found this particular model was made for specific AIMM dealers. Production numbers were not available but Fender believed less than 100 were made. Specs were exactly the same as other 2000 American Series strats with exception of the green paint and tinted neck.

Not much but I hope it helps! Call or email Fender with your serial number as they should be able to provide a little more info.

19. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Looks really nice, OP - I'd rock that bad chicken!!!

- georgestrings