1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me about your L-1500 Fretless Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 80jazz, Nov 3, 2013.

1. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    So I am about to give back the fretless that was on loan to me and I am curious about a G&L L-1500 fretless. I play progressive rock originals and my stable is 7 J's, 1 P, and a Steinberger. I am thinking I'd like redburst with an unlined ebony board. Is there anything I should be careful or cautious of, especially given the reputation they have among some? I think that given what sound clips I have heard, a fretless version of this bass would be superb.

Edit: I also can't decide between a #8 or #11 neck. Thoughts on this would be excellent as well.

2. L-1500 is a killer, IMHO one of the most underrated single pup basses ever. Wish I had a fretless model is all I can say... but the fretted one I own -- quartersawn, ebony FB, fat #7 neck -- became my favorite quickly. I find the power and the purity of tone is amazing and the projection of playing style is superb.