1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me how I'm doing?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by wshines1892, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hey guys, my band just hit the studio recently and they've finished our first track and we have in posted on our myspace at http://www.myspace.com/music/42942108/songs/75846968 Let me know what you guys think, I'd welcome you to check out our other recordings to compare to my less matured playing but the quality isn't fantastic. Keep in mind I've been playing for a little over a year.

2. sounds good, a couple of suggestions if I may.

1: vocals to loud
    2: drums and bass to low
    3: the vocal harmony at the beginning either needs to go or be done better

keep up the good work
    steve

3. Yeah, the mixing wasn't fantastic, but the tech had never mixed our style of music before and hadn't mixed in about 3 years, but hey he did it cheap. I agree about the rhythm being too low, it's not super full and seems rather thin.

4. ric3xrt

ric3xrt

May 19, 2010
    SE PA
    Sounds like the singer is straining a lot.
    Good songs

5. I'm no expert yet, but that thin sound maybe do to how the input levels were set whenever you recorded. Seems to me the best sound comes from getting that input level as high as possible without clipping.