1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me if I suck or not?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by wshines1892, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I've been playing bass for about a year now, been having a lot of fun doing it too. My band that I joined a few months back has posted its first recordings and I would like you, the people of TB, to tell me if I suck or not. Our page is at www.myspace.com/heyhihowareya and I'd recommend listening either to the pawns or Sleeping With Your Shoes On, they have the most prominent bass tracks. The vocals are a bit off key, but just do your best to ignore that. Constructive criticism, advice, etc. is appreciated :D

2. scott123

scott123

Jun 25, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think that is pretty solid playing for a year, would not have guessed it if you didn't say anything!

3. not :bassist:

4. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    Im using 20 dollar sony earbuds...listening to your first song..I hear the low end, but the rest of the lines aren't cutting through. Try adjusting your mids next time you record. It seems like you got some nifty fills..its a shame they dont stand out from the mix.

dont let the guitarist win the battle!:p

5. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    ^^^ Agreed. I wish I could hear you more!

6. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Snazzy Glasses! :D

Seriously though, you sound solid. The best and most important part is that you enjoy yourself regardless.

7. It's not bad... The whole band should focus on timing. I played in the Louisville scene for quite a while. If you can tighten up your sound a bit, you should be able to build a good following. It's a pretty competitive scene but people support the hell out of local music.

8. sounds good man.
    don't do what I did and listen to clips of some of the folks on this forum. You will really think you suck then.
    I thought I was killer... now... well...
    ;)

9. Haha, I know right. I hear some of you guys and I just feel like I need to go practice. If by the first song you mean "Listen Up" I'm actually not even in that one. Thanks for all the killer feedback guys.

10. i like! but imo the bass tone is a bit too boomy
    have you been singing or playing any instrument before?

11. i listened, i liked , keep at it !!

12. DarkArwen

DarkArwen

Oct 29, 2009
    :hyper: I only wish I could hear you a bit more. Maybe adjusting your eq a bit as has been suggested. Nice.

13. Not my kind of music, but sounds good. More mids.