1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TELL ME I'M NUTS!!! FS Feeler: Fodera VW Yin-Yang 4!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AaronWarren, Apr 2, 2009.

1. AaronWarren

AaronWarren

Sep 7, 2000
    Sunny SoCal
    I can't believe that I am even typing this. I promised myself I would never lose this bass, just keep for another 20 years. But alas, I am right in the middle of starting a manufacturing company and there are just so many things I still need to purchase and funds are in short supply. How do you like trading a Fodera for a forklift :crying: ..freakin sucks! I tell everyone that this was the best purchase I ever made.. best playing bass my hands have ever touched. I never believe the Fodera hype..then I got one. It is for real.

Anyway, just thought I would test the waters to see the amount of interest. I am thinking it will be in the $6500-$7000 area. Can't imaging taking any less seeing that there is a 2-3 year wait on a new one and they will probably cost $10k! Let me know guys... I think I am gonna be sick... :bawl:

Aaron
    wiretekaaron@yahoo.com

Attached Files:

2. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Don't do it!!!!! You will regret it...I regret my Fodera's that I have sold. They are only getting more and more expensive. I feel ya right now!

3. BigNoise

BigNoise

Nov 19, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Good luck this!! and your new company!!

4. Mike151

Mike151

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    Yes you are experiencing temporary insanity. Try to use what I call the 30 day rule. When I really want something, I mark the date and if it is still needed after that time, I get it. Same should go for selling your first born!
    I see TONS of forklifts on Craigslist for reasonable prices. Maybe you think you need a new one.... Nah... wait till the company earns enough to reinvest. Get a used one in the mean time for about 3K. Just my 2 cents. :)

5. AaronWarren

AaronWarren

Sep 7, 2000
    Sunny SoCal
    Yea. I have used that 30 day rule before.. The forklift is just one of many things that are currently needed though.. I am not buying a brand new one, but I with all the forklifts I have worked with in my life, I have found the opposite to be true, those $3k used ones will nickel and dime you to death and break down at the worst times. For me Toyota is the only way to go. but even used they are $8k.. Decisions, Decisions...

6. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Lease the forklift.

7. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    +1 on the Toyota's and those prices sound about right 8k or so...

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Skamaniac, best of luck whatever you do, but my experience has been that it is very easy to let go of a great bass only to be unable to replace it. I think this would be double or triple the case for a Fodera since they are so expensive, and the wait time for ordering one is so long.:eek:

9. YOU ARE NUTS! :D

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    OMG... such bad, bad timing for me on this one. :bawl:

Sorry... I meant DON'T DO IT!

11. you are nuts!!! I'll lift any pallet you want for that bass!! j/k. That bass is about 10 grand and you have to wait 2-3 years. You're crazy.

12. You could always "sell" your bass to someone you know & trust. Buy the forklift. When you are in the black, pay back your friend & buy your bass back.

if you sell it, you'll regret it, but this way, you get the forklift AND the bass, and only lose the bass for a short time.

ian

13. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Let me be the voice of reason here... You are building a new business and you need to focus your attention on that. If selling the Fodera can help in getting your business off the ground, you need to do it.

Basses are the tools of our trade and you can always get another. You know this.

Do what you need to do and good luck.

14. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    nonononononono!!!!!!!!

15. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I'm with west coast on this one.
    If you're gonna be workin' the business anyway, who has time to play expensive basses.
    As your business thrives, you may end up being able to buy several Foderas/Ritters/etc.

16. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    I don't think you will have any trouble selling that. I personally wouldn't as the Yin Yang is the rarest of the rare and Vinny is making less and less of them...but if you have to, you have to...

17. rarer than the present AJ presentation model? :eyebrow:

18. Not that nuts. You have PM.

19. Dr Funk

Dr Funk "If you ain't appearing then you be disappearing" Supporting Member

Your nuts!!! :smug:
    Get a pallet jack.
    :eek:

20. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    basses will come and go, but bills will just come. if selling this bass will help get your business off the ground and potentially bring in more money to buy more basses, seems like a no brainer to me.

alternatively, sell everything else you have and keep the bass...but get what you need for your business. good luck with the sale. she's a beauty.