1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tell me it's a good idea!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bennito, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    So I've been talking to a store here in town about their Little Mark amp they have. It's their last one and they're not sure when they'll get another one in. I put money down on it and told him I'll be in tomorrow to pick it up. I don't quite have enough for speakers yet, but I figure I'll just rent when I need it.

The other option is to buy the Mark Bass S450, but even though it's only $170 difference I can't quite justify it. The difference is 50watts, a couple extra knobs to tweak with and a choice between direct out or line out, whereas the Little Mark only has line out. But I figure I'll use a DI if I need to, right?

Sorry for the rambling, but I just spent a lot of money. TELL ME THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    It's a good idea....to buy the one with the tone, features and power that you need.

3. The extra features do justify the extra cost but it's a waste of money if you don't need them.

Do the best you can with power and tone right now. Get the bells and whistles later.