Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell me it's a good idea!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bennito, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    So I've been talking to a store here in town about their Little Mark amp they have. It's their last one and they're not sure when they'll get another one in. I put money down on it and told him I'll be in tomorrow to pick it up. I don't quite have enough for speakers yet, but I figure I'll just rent when I need it.

The other option is to buy the Mark Bass S450, but even though it's only $170 difference I can't quite justify it. The difference is 50watts, a couple extra knobs to tweak with and a choice between direct out or line out, whereas the Little Mark only has line out. But I figure I'll use a DI if I need to, right?

Sorry for the rambling, but I just spent a lot of money. TELL ME THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    It's a good idea....to buy the one with the tone, features and power that you need.

3. The extra features do justify the extra cost but it's a waste of money if you don't need them.

Do the best you can with power and tone right now. Get the bells and whistles later.