Tell me this isn't a stupid rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Jun 5, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It isnt a stupid rig..... well, thats what you said to say anyway...
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

i don't see that rig onstage there....something tells me someones pullin your chain ;)
  3. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    That rig would seem pretty excessive. I don't even think GK makes a 12x10, or 4x12.
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I agree. Those two amp heads aren't enough for all those speakers :rolleyes: .
  5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    oh good. At least the rest of you weren't joking, so that is daft. I thought so.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i havent listened to "Indigenous" in a while. Too bad the only thing the lead guitarist wants to do is be SRV covers. :rolleyes:
  7. C'mon jokerjkny,
    You gotta give em some credit...his sound may not be the most original, but he's damn good at what he does, and I give credit to anyone who can "tear it up" like he can. They are quite good...give em some credit...they've earned it.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Notice how the twelves in the 2x12's look bigger than those in the 4x12's? I think those cabs are actually 12x8's sitting on 4x10's atop 2x12's resting on 1x15's. Whoever wrote the caption messed up.
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    never heard of a 12x8 or a 12x10 cab before.. that would definately be excessive... just a bit... a tiny bit :).. But for some reason i don't think that is right
  10. my gk800 is barely enough to power my bag end 4x10... that rig is complete bs unless there is a few typos or its missing quite a few power amps.
  11. jtd125

Mar 16, 2002
    Agoura Hillis, CA
    i dont belive it. but if its true, whatever works.
  12. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Yes, they most certainly have earned it! Hell, anymore, what guitarist, or for that matter, musician in general, doesn't possess a style that is at least somewhat derivative?

SRV was incredible(!), but don't forget how similar his style was to Hendrix & Clapton. Even he would have told you as much.

Anyway, Indigenous busted their butts to get to where they are today and they are hellacious live.
  13. also to run all those cabs off two heads, the cabs must be a fairly high impedence, like say 16 ohms each the 800rb minimum impedence is 4 ohms i think.