Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell me this isn't hilarious...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Jabinski, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Jabinski

Jabinski

Jan 30, 2006
  2. frightening.
    he's bee playing for 10 years and feels the bass is an easy instrument to learn?
    "you need a good bass, with 4 strings. and uh.. makes sound"
    *sigh*

3. Jabinski

Jabinski

Jan 30, 2006
    There are literally dozens of gem like quotes like that. I can't even be bothered to transcribe them....yet :)

That was a fantastic example Micro

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    There's everything you need to know right there!!!!:eyebrow:
    Man I could have quit learning a long time ago had I just been educated enough.:crying:

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I wonder if there's a lot to learn about the "picking had" technique...

6. what I saw already had it transcribed just below.

7. Jabinski

Jabinski

Jan 30, 2006
  8. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    Yeah... but the transcription was cleaned up quite a bit. If you were only reading you would not learn that there is a D string on your A String and a G String on your D String.

I you have a G String on your D String, the bass paying is over...

9. wow, that guy is such a jackass. but, the slap and pop lesson is very helpful.

10. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Well, note that it is listed in the 'hobby' section of that website. Still, after doing a hobby for 10 years..... oh well.

Two thoughts:

1.) Job security for teachers who really know bass.

2.) Advertising is everything.

11. Under the "C Chord" video is the following text:

12. That's probably how a lot of people would sounds if you put a video camera infront of them and told them to instruct.

I didn't think it was horrible.

Nothing I'd want to pay for, but I've heard worse.

13. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    True, but if your going to go on the net as an authority, I think the criticism is fair play.

14. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    has anyone watched the 'Stretching Bass Strings Before Tuning' video?

are you really supposed to be that violent when stretching strings? im more talking about when he actually picks up the bass by just the string and starts yanking it

15. I wouldn't even recommend doing that. It's a good idea on the guitar, but bass strings are pretty stable. It's just a waste of time.

16. disagreed. I've had new strings stretch for two days or more.

17. Jabinski

Jabinski

Jan 30, 2006
    jeremy c

MP Hall of Fame Member
    Member # 14219

posted 08 March, 2006 01:25 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amusing lessons. I'll give him points for effort.

The one on how to stretch your strings teaches you a good way to destroy your strings and get decreased life out of them.

18. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I love how there is also a series of videos showing how to fire guns. I sure hope people are not learning how to use deadly weapons solely from the internet.

19. This doesn't mean the author doesn't know what he's doing, he's just using a marketting ploy to attract customers who want learn a musical instrument/be a rocker, but don't really want to make a committment.