Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell me what you think about this designs.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    The idea of having a custom made instrument is growing fast on me.
    I´ve searching / contacting several local luthiers (I´m from Argentina) since the final cost is much lower.

One of the ones I´ve been looking at have some designs that I really like, but I´d really to hear your opinions about them. I personally love the headless 6.

Thanks, Papersen

http://ar.geocities.com/fernandezluthier/espanol/instrumentos.htm

BTW, the site is in Spanish but it´s easy to navigate.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    0_0.. I never thought I would see another six string acoustic! Those basses look really cool!

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I don't care so much for the electric 4-string, but the 5 and 6 I like, particularly the 5. Those body carvings intrigue me.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice Acoustic Basses :bassist:

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    That 6 string headless is beautiful. If I wasn't on the opposite side of the world, and I could afford it, I'd be seriously interested in one.

What do they cost Papersen?

6. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    The headless 6 looks the best out of all of them :)

Forgive my geographical ignorance, is Argentina anywhere near Chile? If it is, you might want to check out <a href="http://www.alfonsoiturra.com/home.htm">Alfonso Iturra</a>
    basses :)

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    nice stuff..
    Where are you in Argentina? i loved it there- i have been to Buenos Aires several times, Mar del Plata, and a couple of other cities in the interior, i forget the names. I was with an artist named Chayanne. i want to return someday, how do you handle havign the most beautiful women in the world all around you?? :eek:
    el pive es boludo, ché !!
    Rusty, yes, Chile is right next door..

8. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002

A bit under $1000

Rusty: I´ve just checked Alfonso Iturra´s web site, and those basses look superb !!! Don´t worry about your geographical knowledge, you guessed right.

9. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Hi Adrian.
    I live in downtown Buenos Aires. I´m glad to see that you enjoyed visiting the country, I´ve travelled all over it several times, and I agree with you.
    Didn´t know you were touring with Chayanne. Did you bring some of your Nordies here ? Maybe I can catch you next time.

And about the women ..... fortunately, you never get used to it.

10. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore

Whew! For a moment there, I thought I made a complete fool outa myself :D

I love the way the AI basses look - just look at his SC that's carved to look like a really cool scroll...
    [​IMG]

I like!!

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Ok, i dont want to derail the thread- but i found it funny that while most of them men were going carzy over Chayanne's blonde backup singer, we were going crazy over the ridiculously beautiful brunnetes-
    I have not been with Chayanne for about 7-8 years, but i may be back with him someday- i missed out on this last tour because i had my daughter at home but she leaves for college tomorrow, so next time, maybe. I stayed at a hotel in Corrientes av, i forget the name of the hotel , i stayed there 4 different times. It was right next door the an Opera house. Damn! i forget.. but there was an Italian restaurant down the street that was out of this world! and the parrilladas!! forget about it! bife the lomo and red wine..man, I am making myself sick to go back here! damn, what was that hotel? i could tell you stories ! but if you know what Chayannes audiences are like, then you know.... ;)

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    hey , Rusty ! let's go to Buenos Aires and see Papersen!! :hyper:

13. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    That's a great idea!! Now, where are my stacks of $100 bills... I know I put them somewhere around here... ;)