Tell me what you think about this designs.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Papersen, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    The idea of having a custom made instrument is growing fast on me.
    I´ve searching / contacting several local luthiers (I´m from Argentina) since the final cost is much lower.

One of the ones I´ve been looking at have some designs that I really like, but I´d really to hear your opinions about them. I personally love the headless 6.

Thanks, Papersen

http://ar.geocities.com/fernandezluthier/espanol/instrumentos.htm

BTW, the site is in Spanish but it´s easy to navigate.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    0_0.. I never thought I would see another six string acoustic! Those basses look really cool!

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I don't care so much for the electric 4-string, but the 5 and 6 I like, particularly the 5. Those body carvings intrigue me.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice Acoustic Basses :bassist:

5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    That 6 string headless is beautiful. If I wasn't on the opposite side of the world, and I could afford it, I'd be seriously interested in one.

What do they cost Papersen?

6. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    The headless 6 looks the best out of all of them :)

Forgive my geographical ignorance, is Argentina anywhere near Chile? If it is, you might want to check out <a href="http://www.alfonsoiturra.com/home.htm">Alfonso Iturra</a>
    basses :)

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    nice stuff..
    Where are you in Argentina? i loved it there- i have been to Buenos Aires several times, Mar del Plata, and a couple of other cities in the interior, i forget the names. I was with an artist named Chayanne. i want to return someday, how do you handle havign the most beautiful women in the world all around you?? :eek:
    el pive es boludo, ché !!
    Rusty, yes, Chile is right next door..

8. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002

A bit under $1000

Rusty: I´ve just checked Alfonso Iturra´s web site, and those basses look superb !!! Don´t worry about your geographical knowledge, you guessed right.

9. Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Hi Adrian.
    I live in downtown Buenos Aires. I´m glad to see that you enjoyed visiting the country, I´ve travelled all over it several times, and I agree with you.
    Didn´t know you were touring with Chayanne. Did you bring some of your Nordies here ? Maybe I can catch you next time.

And about the women ..... fortunately, you never get used to it.

10. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore

Whew! For a moment there, I thought I made a complete fool outa myself :D

I love the way the AI basses look - just look at his SC that's carved to look like a really cool scroll...
    [​IMG]

I like!!

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Ok, i dont want to derail the thread- but i found it funny that while most of them men were going carzy over Chayanne's blonde backup singer, we were going crazy over the ridiculously beautiful brunnetes-
    I have not been with Chayanne for about 7-8 years, but i may be back with him someday- i missed out on this last tour because i had my daughter at home but she leaves for college tomorrow, so next time, maybe. I stayed at a hotel in Corrientes av, i forget the name of the hotel , i stayed there 4 different times. It was right next door the an Opera house. Damn! i forget.. but there was an Italian restaurant down the street that was out of this world! and the parrilladas!! forget about it! bife the lomo and red wine..man, I am making myself sick to go back here! damn, what was that hotel? i could tell you stories ! but if you know what Chayannes audiences are like, then you know.... ;)

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    hey , Rusty ! let's go to Buenos Aires and see Papersen!! :hyper:

13. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    That's a great idea!! Now, where are my stacks of $100 bills... I know I put them somewhere around here... ;)