1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me what you think of my jazz bass tone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Holy War, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    this is very first attempt at recording a live tone on youtube. But tell me what you think of the tone of the 08 Jazz I have. It was much louder in the room and a lot more snarly sounding, so if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to capture that on youtube, please let me know! The songs are original and start of slow and build up and build up and build up. Helpful crticism is MORE than welcome. Hope you enjoy!

edit: I think Im going to record the same songs again on my P and Stingray and do a kinda "shoot out" about which tone is the best

2. You have to line out to your Video Camera's Audio in or film with a WEB Cam and capture the Audio through your sound card - line out from the Amp > Line in on the Sound Card.

I go line out of my Amp into my Multi track and then line out that to the Video Camera and the Multitrack is acting as a mixer to adjust the Bass against any backing track.

Other suggestion is to record the Bass against a Drum track - typically sounds better than solo.

So it does not sound bad - but like you said I don't think you are capturing the best sound or the sound you are hearing in the room. You could also mike the Cab and feed that audio into the line in to get some Cab Sound - with a mixer you can capture both amp line out and miked cab sound.

3. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    ya, i guess i really do need to pull out the recording equipment...but did the playing/tunes sound ok?

4. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    That Marshall scares me...

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    haha, only one cab is hooked up, the other is there because I dont have any place else to store it