Tell me what you think of this recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by pvriesinga, Dec 3, 2004.

1. pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    My old bass instructor(who also plays guitar) and I were foolin around with a drum loop, and came up with this clip. Its me on bass, and him on guitar. Tell me what you think.

I know its a tad repetative on bass, but it was whipped up in 1 hour.

Phil Vriesinga
  2. fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Listened to the track and liked the 'feel' but I really did like the sound of your bass...that is my idea of a perfect sounding bass right in it's element...funk! The track would seriously benefit from sax. or piano such that the attention of the listener would be drawn away from the bass/drum/guitar thing to aforesaid,and what is happening in the background (bass/drums/guitar) becomes more solidly logical.
  3. pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    Thanks for the kind words! For my bass sound, i am just playing through my sansamp bass driver and into the back of my computer. I agree with having some sax to take away some of the focus. My teacher also plays the sax so maybe i can talk him into recording something.

Phil Vriesinga
  4. I liked it...tones not really my gig,but i likey!
  5. Aww... Don't call it a jam! I was expecting some Phish like freak-out!

Still, I like. I just really think it could have benifited from a little more outlined repititive melody. What do you use to record?
  6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Eh, the bass line is good, but lags on some parts.. It could use a little more clarity and bass to it, but it was okay. I dig the guitar work though, nice tone and very funky.