1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tell me what you think of this short video of me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SnoMan, Mar 22, 2009.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    SnoMan short video

I made this little video this morning for a potential collaboration. It's not a written piece or intended to be, though it flows kinda well. It was just to demonstrate a few of my abilities in various techniques.

I'm kinda surprised. I think my playing level is a little higher than I thought it was(though I still have a lot to learn). Somebody kick me down a notch ;)

Everything was off the top of my head except for two parts...you can tell those because I lean back...not on purpose...kinda kinda happened I guess :D

I'd like to hear what you guys think.

2. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    Sounds like something I heard at a Guitar Center on Saturday afternoon.

How's your sight reading doing these days?

3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    My sight reading could probably use a little work. I haven't had a reason to read any notation for about 3 years now at least. I do pull out a piece every once in a while though. I'd still be better off sight reading a tuba part, I imagine.

Good thing we don't have guitar centers around here. I wouldn't want to be knowingly following the trend.

4. i cant see how the vast majority of that would ever be required in a song.

5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    It's like when I talk to people who say they are interested or have recently picked up playing bass. "It's the most amazing instrument because it's as hard as you make it."

You can get by in many songs by playing a very minimal part. At times, that minimal part is also the perfect part. Playing what fits the song is what's important.