Tell me where to work.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Sep 2, 2002.

1. I'm a bit sick of my life as a Refreshent Distribution Clerk at th theater, so I am looking fo a better opportunity. I'm looking for a job that pays more than minumum wage, but doesn't require any additional schooling or training that I would have to do on my own. I've heard wholesale places such as Costco are good places to work, and I've heard bad things about grocery stores. Anyone else know of anything? I'm 18 btw.
  2. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK

"Hello Sean, this is Sgt. Jones, just wondering if had come to a decision about the Air Force"
    "You just called me like 2 minutes ago"
    "I just thought I'd check up on you, remeber, the US Air Force will eventually own your soul."
    "Thats what the Sgt. Lee from the Army just said!"
  4. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Hang on, I hear someone else calling...

"Sean, clean-up, aisle 4..."

Resistance is futile.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well - how long have you got : Fermat's last theorem, the ontological argument, the uncertainty principle, superstring theory, the buttered cat array....!! ;)
  6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I know Sgt Lee from the Army. He's a punk.

Join the Air Force.
  7. Three words... Used Car Dealer.

Well...if you are convinceing and can slick your hear back...

See here fokes...This one is a beaut. Notice how the doors are missing? Thats so you can save money and not have to use the A/C, but i would have to say....this one might not be a good one to drive in the winter.
  8. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    nuclear power station.......

att: mr. burns
  9. Why can't you Americans just call things what they are?

Whipping boy. There. That wasn't so hard, was it?

And remember: The navy wants you!
  10. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    <---"Routine Lawn Maintence Professional"

11. You could be the guy that puts the little M's on the M&M's.

You people are like telemarketers! :D

Speaking of which, whats everyone's opinion on telemarketing?
  13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    they're the scum of the earth.

you'll fit right in!

[edit: :D . just so ya know that i'm only joking....and not violating any TB rules!)

14. .....huh?
  15. That's it, I'm offended!

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    this is what bruce was referring to.

british humor?
  17. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI

...are you talking about the army/navy or the telemarketers?
  18. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have heard that waiters make very good money, but also that it's a really tough job.

If you are looking for a career, then the Military can be a good choice. Don't forget that 95% of the people you will serve with will whine all the way through their enlistment. So make sure it's what you want, do your homework on it, and don't be one of the dudes who got surprised.

Also, if you have the support of your folks, maybe you should think of going to college? (Unless you already are of course!!) You could take courses that would lead you to a good career, but as your electives, take music courses. Then you may be able to develop in two directions. If you choose a good career, and the music thing doesn't pan out, or maybe just doesn't work out fast enough, you have something to fall back on.

Good luck bud!
  19. Ohh yeah, I just started my first semester at college. Not sure what I'm majoring in yet, so I'm just getting some basics out of the way.
  20. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    dude, i work at a trucking company right now, loading and unloading boxes. The hours are wonderful for me since I dont go to highschool football games and I dont gig on weekends. I work friday nights and saturday mornings at ten bucks an hour. So I go in around 8 o'oclock on friday evening and work through the night until they make me leave saturday morning. Sp i can easily make 100 - 130 in a nights work. And i'm sixteen. Then that leaves all of saturday afternoon and the rest of the week for me to hang out w/ my friends or what not.