Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell me your effects setups

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by justaroundkid45, Nov 26, 2004.

1. please im looking for some ideas i do a lot of experimental stuff and im plooking for any suggestions show pictures if you have them!

2. "Plooking"?-Zappa fan perhaps?

Why not try an effects processor?Like a ZOOM or someother multi effects unit?it may be cheaper than buying a plook-load of pedals...

3. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    my setup:

bass--->ibanez pd7 dist.--->ibanez soundtank bass chorus--->boss bass flanger--->amp

also, ive got a tube works blue tube II in the FX loop of my amp that runs all the time, with about a 60% wet to dry mix...i like the tubey sound

no pics though, sorry...

i havent really tried a lot of pedals. i started with an all boss setup (odb3? and whatever the boss bass chorus is), but i could never find a tone out of either that was what i was looking for. so i picked up the phat hed and really like it a lot. doesnt seem to eat too much of the low end out of my tone. and the soundtank chorus was more mistake than anything else. i was in a used shop and thinking about gadgets i didnt need but wanted. tried out a used pedal (the soundtank) and just really liked it.

im sure there are better pedals out there, but for the money those are the best ive found.

4. yeah ive tried a lot of those but i have never really found the quality i was looking for and i like stomp boxes because they can much more easily be combined with other effects witgh a/b stuff