Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell Us About the Woman In Your Life

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LuvsaBassPlayer, Aug 22, 2004.

1. LuvsaBassPlayer

LuvsaBassPlayer

Aug 22, 2004
    Okay all you bass player guys out there: :help:

A couple of my girlfriends and I are doing a small polling on you guys for a college psych class.

We need everyone to post a thread about the woman in your life and describe your top 5 favorite things about her and tell us WHY she is so great.

If she is hot/sexy, we want to see, so post a pix if you got. Don't worry, she won't mind! (Winners of the photo contest to be chosen and announced later.) :) This is girls judging girls, so join up and then make all the other bass players here jealous too!

Anyway, we need EVERYONE to get involved and help us sorority girls out. :hyper: Thanks so much guys!!

2. :( I wish I had a reason to post . . . .

3. There've been enough threads in which people have posted their significant others for you to find the photos that you're after. I for one will not post a pic without my girl's permission and I'm yet to ask her for it. However, I will answer your first request, she's;
    (1) pure, (2) caring, (3) sweet, (4) gorgeous and (5) the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

Oh, and I find it very, very strange that you would bother to fill out only the gender section of your profile. I'm sure others know what I mean, particularly in light of the nature of this thread. I suggest that if it is your intention is to become a member of this forum, as opposed to just getting photos of girls, that you fill out the rest of it.

Leigh

4. I agree. What kinda bass you play LuvsaBassPlayer?

Anyway, I can't list 5 reasons why I find my girlfriend so fantastic. I just can't understand it myself, all I can say is that she's the most amazing incredibly cool sexy lady I've ever met. And she likes animals. :D

There ya go: (1) amazing, (2) incredible (3) cool (4) sexy (4) likes animals (that in itself doesn't matter to me, it just shows her caring, sensitive side.)

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Five things about her...

1. Great sense of humor- (always keeps me laughing)
    2. Ability to cook- (some women can't....but neither can I)
    3. Trustworthy & Loyal- (So that's two for the price of one)
    4. Her compassion & caring- ( She work with elderly....again, two for one)
    5. Lovelife- (I don't think I need to explain this one)

Her name is Renee, she is my wife, my life, and my best friend.

I think I'll keep her!

6. LuvsaBassPlayer

LuvsaBassPlayer

Aug 22, 2004
    Dear Leigh:

I appreciate your posting. In answer to your question re: my profile, everyone is entitled to their privacy. I am not complaining that you didn't fill out which gender you are, and I am still wondering.

No offense meant, of course.

7. LuvsaBassPlayer

LuvsaBassPlayer

Aug 22, 2004
    Leinad:

Please also see my response to Leigh. As far as the photos, I believe I said that was an option and it was only intended to make this a fun thing and not homework. As I said, we are simply doing this polling for a class and we are interested in the top 5 reasons, not the photos.

Why do people assume the worst about others all the time? In any case if you didn't read my username, it's "luvs A bass player", not "I am a bass player", so I don't actually play bass (In fact I can only do one or two riffs on bass - mostly I just pose for his guitar sale photos.)

At any rate, thank you very much for posting. Your reasons will be very helpful and are highly appreciated.

Sheesh people - I am going to change my "signature line to: "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!" :)

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

A likely story. Which college? What class? How come we're doing this in the middle of summer?

Bass players can be very cynical people (just call me Doubting Thomas). Don't take it personally, I doubt "everything" I read in these forums. That's what allows me to benefit from them. :)

9. I almost decided to pass on this thread but maybe my experience IS germaine. I have not found any woman who I can respect/admire/trust/love. 3 days ago I broke it off with the "Last" one (she was brilliant, gorgeous, and shallow as hell) and you know what? I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!!! No, I'm not shopping around. I've got music to make. Time to write new songs...Ta Ta!!!!!

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

Yeah but, you still haven't established any "bona fides". People call us all the time asking us to participate in surveys. Mostly we just hang up on them. If, on the other hand, we feel that the survey serves some useful purpose, and we can assist that purpose by participating, we'll do so.

11. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I honesty don't know any girls who are worth anything. Not saying there isn't any good girls out there, but all the ones I know are dumba$$es.

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I saw her, I caught her, I let her leave.... but she didn't :bassist:

She says she likes that I fix stuff and keep her computer running...

oh yeah, she's even a groupy (but honest enough to tell me what ain't good).

14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    1) shares common interest and life goals
    2) physically attractive / good lover
    3) supports my needs and desires (career, hobbies, interests, etc.)
    4) good cook & home maker
    5) she's attracted to / likes me
    6) mother of my children
    (sorry - couldn't narrow it down to five. …and yes, she is attractive and no, I won't post a picture)

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

1. She is the sweetest woman I have ever met. Genuine, no b*tch in her at all. When I see the **** that most of my friends and coworkers put up with, I realize how blessed I am.

2. Attractive. No, she's not a supermodel, but to me she is sexy. And a great lover.

3. The mother of my children.

4. Childlike in her innocence and naivete.
    5. Has a great sense of humor, and puts up with my childish pranks and jokes.

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Because this is the internet and people can say anything they want no matter if it's true or not and I think all of us here have been burned to some extent.

We recently had a member fake his own suicide. Many of us mourned and expressed our sorrow and then we found out it was fake and we felt like fools. So forgive us if we don't immediately embrace new members if their posts or behavior seems a bit out of the ordinary.

brad cook

17. Christ people. You need to relax. Whenever I have a girlfriend I pounce on the opportunity to show her off to people. Reeeeelax. It's ok...just answer the questions, you don't have to spout off like the world is out to exploit you and your girlfriend.

18. Errr...gender is filled out in my profile, isn't it?! :confused:

You may wish for privacy, but on a board like this that is quite close, privacy will not make you many friends. And you see, its a matter of trust. As you said, you don't have to open up and let people know about you. But then how can you expect them to show their loved ones to a complete stranger? You gotta give a little to get a little. You should have learnt that from Psych, too.

Leigh

19. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    +1

:(

20. LuvsaBassPlayer

LuvsaBassPlayer

Aug 22, 2004
    My impressions of this site after reading over it for the last eight months or so, are that the posters are honest, funny, down to earth - my kind of people. That is the main reason I chose to post a poll study like this here, instead of on some large internet engine where most people who chat don't have the sense god gave a goat.

I like my anonymity just as much as anyone. I have my reasons just as you would have yours for not wanting to give out some information in the profile.

The photo I asked for was simply optional and if you want to show off the woman in your life because you are that proud of her, that is all we were presenting an opportunity for. The contest comment was a joke.

My boyfriend shows my photos off to anyone who will look, he is too proud. He is a bass player, I am not. I know about this website through him and have always enjoyed it because I enjoy the sense of humor and the maturity displayed here.

I am a part time college student. My classmates and I are doing a small study as part of a extra credit assignment that was offered before the official quarter starts.

Cut me some slack here. I am a 25 year old woman, quite honest, and I am not using this information for anything other than what I have stated. Any pictures will not be shown or used for any purposes.

If you don't like the thread, don't respond to it.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from the less-cynical.