Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tell us how much we suck!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by spyingcracker, Apr 13, 2005.

1. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    Ok, so my band recorded a little demo, which I wasn't on for reasons beyond my control, so if the bass work sounds iffy, it's because one of our guitarists who is a bassist on the side dubbed it over.

Here it is: Goomba

The song is an instrumental called Goomba, named after one of the band member's dogs. He's kind of our mascot. Anyway, tell me what you think. I can take it...I'm...a...a man.... :bawl: :eyebrow:

2. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    I guess nobody likes it... :crying:

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I must say, I indeed thought the bass on the recording indeed sounded pretty iffy, I couldn't tell what was a bass and what was a low-sounding guitar. Did your bassist-on-the-side guitar player use a pick or some kind of distortion? Some more low end could make the entire song sound fuller.

4. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    the question you may want to ask yourself is- what sets this apart from anyone else playing a common blues line.

it is very unoriginal, and pretty sloppy, besides the fact the bass is barried and can't hardly distiguish it.

5. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    The Answer: Nothing. We wanted to do a common blues-type song.

The bass isn't distorted or anything, it's just very quiet. The instruments were all mic'd, and even that wasn't done well. This demo wasn't professionally done, as I'm sure you can tell. We're working on getting a better one done in the next few months or so.

Thanks for the replies!

6. this isnt all that bad, nothign that impressive iether just ok

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I agree. I wouldn't listen to this to entertain myself though, it's just simple, and theres alot of screw-ups.