Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Temple Of The Dog

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by tonedef, Feb 3, 2002.

1. tonedef

tonedef

Oct 18, 2001
    Carlisle, England
    anybody a fan of the Temple Of The Dog album?, i just got it last week, and i cant stop listening 2 it.

download my bands songs at
    http://www.starla.4t.com

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Good disc, imo.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i only mildly enjoyed it. i really like "hunger strike" but all the other songs are just average.

it could have used a lot more...how should i say...ah yes...vedder.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

"Hunger Strike" is also my favorite cut from the CD. I love the collaboration with Chris Cornell and Eddie Veddar, also Jeff Ament on bass.

That was a cool video, too. It just makes me feel cold watching it. I often wish that Pearl Jam had made more videos. I guess they had their reasons for not making videos, but in a way, I'm sure many fans like myself felt shortchanged at not being able to watch Pearl Jam in action more often, as they toured so seldom and then their concerts sold out so fast.

5. Get TB2000 or Single Video Thory...both are great!

I'm kinda happy they didn't make so many videos...sure, the artwork is amazing, but the label would have dropped them as soon as vitology came out...

6. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    I loved that album. Personally I think Hunger Strike is one of the weaker tunes on there. I was really suprized to hear Chris Cornell really singing instead of screaming. Dammit! Another CD to add to the wish list.

Hey Geezer: I read in a Mix Magazine interview with Soundgarden's engineer that he had to keep extra capsules around for his Sure SM 57s because Cornell would fry them. That means He could hit SPL's well over 100db with his voice. That is just SICK!

7. Solid album, to be sure. My favorite song is definitely "Say Hello To Heaven." This song is excellent in every facet, and is also an excellent showcase for Cornell's range, power and ability as a singer.

PJ didn't make many videos, but "Jeremy" is still one of the finest music videos I've ever seen. "Do The Evolution" was disturbing but extremely cool, in a freaky way.

8. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    One of my faves. I agree that Hunger Strike is a weakness and not a strength. Wooden Jesus and Heaven both rock!

9. Saviour was my favorite song on that album. At the end of that song chris harmonizes so perfectly and every time I hear it really catches my ear as the most amazing singing ive ever heard. Chris cornell Is deffinetley one of the best rock singers ever.

10. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Pushing Forward Back was always my favorite by far on that album. Cornell sure can yell.

11. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Hell yeah! Cornell is the best singer ever! Soundgarden rules!!!

had to get that out of my system :D

12. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I actually liked the singing that Cornell did on that album more than anything he did with Soundgarden. The music was always cool, but it seems like he never got to let loose in the vocal dept.

13. Whats an SPL?

14. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    "Call Me a Dog" is a good track