1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tempo Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by no1likesme, Mar 14, 2008.

1. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    The guy at my local music shop suggested Tempo brand strings. I just put them on my bass and I am pretty impressed so far with the sound and feel. For the $10 i spent on them they seem like a pretty good deal.

if you want to try them they can be found here

2. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    I am retracting my positive review of these strings. After breaking in they are very floppy and metalic sounding.

3. justin fleenor

justin fleenor

Oct 14, 2014
    I got some tempo strings to hold me over becuase the dunlops were 35 plus tax at the local music store and gc is having a sale and i am getting better ones soon and thought id try em for 14$ anyway they atleast seem to be wound correctly unlike the 10 dollar hartke strings i tried once.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Instead of wasting $14 on crap strings, why not get good strings from Bass Strings Online? Heck he has GHS strings for $10.
    http://www.bassstringsonline.com/-Bass-String-Bin-GHS-Boomer-52s-Balanced-Tension-45-105_p_1860.html

And Dunlops are more than HALF the price of your local shop:
    http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Dunlop-Nickel-Plated-Steel-Bass-Strings--4-String-Set_p_562.html

Plus he has discounts for TB users, cheap/free shipping, custom sets, huge selection...

5. justin fleenor

justin fleenor

Oct 14, 2014
    thanks yeah i know but he had the same strings on a alum neck kramer and it sounded good will check out that site though

6. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    I just clicked on the link and the store is closed.

Lesson learned: Jason @ bassstringsonline.com is the only way to go: the widest selection of all makes, models and gauges of strings, expert advice, reasonable pricing, free postage.