1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Temporary NBD - Samick Corsair

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twinjet, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Borrowing this sweet bass today. Headed off to the north slope for a work trip and I didn't want to take the G&L, so I grabbed this. It's a great playing instrument based off of the Fender Precision. The neck is chunky, which normally hurts my hand, but I've adjusted my playing position and it's painless.

The sound is dead-on: there's no mistaking the split-coil sound inherent of all P basses. Aside from ungrounded electronics, this thing is impeccable. The transparent blue shows a lovely, grainy body below that I just couldn't photograph well.

As always, pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_8779.JPG
    IMG_8778.JPG
    IMG_8777.JPG

2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    my first quality bass was a funky samick 5 string. it was stolen, i still miss it. i now have a hollowbody remington by Samick and it's a staple in the rotation. they make quality gear. that one looks nice. treat it well!

3. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I cleaned a bunch of sticky gunk and dust off it. I am making sure it goes back clean. It really is a nice bass, too... but buying it means a $90 setback, which delays my build project.