1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tempted by ATK on CL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by droo46, Jan 18, 2012.

1. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    I'm very tempted by this bass but I was wondering what the community had to say about it. My other basses are an SR400 with Dimarzio pickups and an SR305 stock. I play through a GK MB212.

Ibanez ATK Bass guitar

2. Aunell

Aunell

Jul 18, 2010
    ATK's are great basses for the money, simple as that, great playability and tone, a bit heavy though according to some people (I don't have any problems with it)

and 300 dollars is a great price for one

3. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    they are great basses, and imho very underated, everyone i've had which has been about 7 have all been great sounding and playing, but the koa ones are still by far the best of this series if you can find them

4. tekhedd

tekhedd Tone chaser Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Owner/operator of BYTE HEAVEN
    That looks like "Guitar Center Black"... if so, that's the one-piece neck, right? Still nice though.

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I love my ATK; they're the best bang for the buck bass out there, IMO.

6. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    My 3EX1 was a multi-piece neck IIRC.

7. Martiluk

Martiluk

Apr 13, 2011
    The ATK is a BIG bass in every aspect, so it while probably feel quite a bit different than the SR. I had a koa ATK for a while and I loved it, should've never let her go.

8. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Love my ATK 305!!! It's a keeper and I won't be selling it.

9. Seems to be a good price and you get some extra goodies with it

10. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    Update: I bought it. It had, as he said, flatounds but I really like how it sounds with rounds. Awesome bass. It's much thicker and heavier than the SR's I'm used to but I have officially fallen in love with that ATK. :) :bassist:

11. ATKs have a very creamy sound. They resonate really well. Cheap, too, so it's easy to get one to your arsenal.

12. madurolover

madurolover

May 21, 2011
    Tampa Fl
    I recently picked up an ATK 750 KOA. The sound is great and basically I have eliminated all pedals between the ATK and my Ampeg, the natural tone is perfect for classic rock. My pedal board is still on the floor but is off. I may put it away this week